Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preventing Violent Extremism

bathseagull

Apr 18, 2004
St. Anmore
can you not use it to bring the two groups together?

Thats the idea - using sport and physical activity to promote cross-cultural and inclusive activity. I'm all for that, thats using the power of sport to bring people and communities together.

But when one of the key groups I am asked to work with is a Muslim ladies only exercise group whose particular group's requirements, in line with their religion, include using their own dedicated facility or closing off an area of a shared facility, with no access to non-Muslim women, that's not exactly cross-cultural or inclusive, is it?. I can't even attend their sessions to support them because I'm male.

Last edited:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
The Archbishop of Canterbury has finally got his way.
British weather has been declared Muslim . . .
It's partly Sunni, but mostly Shi'ite.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Thats the idea - using sport and physical activity to promote cross-cultural and inclusive activity. I'm all for that, thats using the power of sport to bring people and communities together.

But when one of the key groups I am asked to work with is a Muslim ladies only exercise group whose particular group's requirements, in line with their religion, include using their own dedicated facility or closing off an area of a shared facility, with no access to non-Muslim women, that's not exactly cross-cultural or inclusive, is it?. I can't even attend their sessions to support them because I'm male.

Be creative. Ask around the mainstream clubs, and ask them when they have a "dead" point in the week when their facilities are not in use. Offer to hire the club for that dead point, and stick the Al-Qaeda Aerobics Co-Operative in there then. Two birds, one stone.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
What's the relevance of this to the topic raised by bathseagull?

Are you saying that all immigrants are muslims? Or even that most immigrants are muslims?

Are we talking about Worthing? If so ... have you forgotten the wave of immigrants who came to Worthing in past generations? Once upon a time, it was a destination of choice for Italian immigrants. Did they make the town turn to rat shit?

What has the wave of Italians got to do with 50 grand?

Did the Itailan's turn to extremism back then? Probably not they probably got on and worked. Maybe cut off a few horse heads.... who knows. Say hello to my little friend.

I agree with Harty on this one... Rat poo it is.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
I am still slightly concerned as to how we have defined "Violent Muslim Extremists" here.

We are looking at an aerobics club for fat Muslim birds with dodgy 'taches, so they can spend an hour or so lurching around a gym with skipping robes and inflatable balls, listening to Olivia Newton John.

Are we now saying that the jihad is now being carried out by out-of-puff Muslim Mamas, and that giving them another outlet for their pent up anger is to don lycra and prance about?

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
I am still slightly concerned as to how we have defined "Violent Muslim Extremists" here.

We are looking at an aerobics club for fat Muslim birds with dodgy 'taches, so they can spend an hour or so lurching around a gym with skipping robes and inflatable balls, listening to Olivia Newton John.

Are we now saying that the jihad is now being carried out by out-of-puff Muslim Mamas, and that giving them another outlet for their pent up anger is to don lycra and prance about?

Don't know, don't care too much if I'm honest and either way I'd still spend that 50 grand elsewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here