Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Preston 1-0 up

ManxSeagull

NSC Creator
Jul 5, 2003
Isle of Man
I doubt it, it is only the League Cup after all.

I bet Stoke have a Mickey Mouse team out against Swindon.

Looks quite strong to me:

Stoke City
29 Sorensen
02 Cameron
04 Huth
12 Wilson
20 Upson
30 Shotton
07 Pennant
18 Whitehead
21 Kightly
09 Jones
33 Jerome

Substitutes
27 Nash
17 Shawcross
28 Wilkinson
14 Ness
24 Delap
19 Walters
25 Crouch

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It's a very weak team. Even by palace standards.

The question is: did dougie field a weak team so he could brush off the inevitable loss and not have it add to his pressure, are they honestly not concerned with the league cup this year, concentrating on the league, or, did he arrogantly believe even this weak palace side would be good enough to beat preston?

The first is very cynical, the second is unlikely (it was their biggest achievement last season), the third is laughable if it's the reason.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

to the tune of Don McLeans - American Pie

Bye, Bye Mr Manager guy,
Watford, Bristol, Boro, Preston
Premier push was a Lie
And Brighton Boys Laugh as Palace fans Cry
Singing "this will be the night that you die"
See Ya Mr Freedman, Bye Bye

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If things carry on like this that Palace 2012-13 'highlights' DVD is going to be a top seller on the south coast next summer, if not at Selhurst.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
It's a very weak team. Even by palace standards.

The question is: did dougie field a weak team so he could brush off the inevitable loss and not have it add to his pressure, are they honestly not concerned with the league cup this year, concentrating on the league, or, did he arrogantly believe even this weak palace side would be good enough to beat preston?

The first is very cynical, the second is unlikely (it was their biggest achievement last season), the third is laughable if it's the reason.

It's not that weak a side for them. Ward, Martin, Blake, Williams, Moxey and Wilbrahim are all first choice.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
If things carry on like this that Palace 2012-13 'highlights' DVD is going to be a top seller on the south coast next summer, if not at Selhurst.

Ordered my copy already.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
While I doubt dougie is on his way based on tonight, he perhaps needs to worry more than usual. Often, owners hold back on firing managers because they don't want to be the first. Coventry and chesterfield have already fired theirs, so the managerial sacking dam has been breached...

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
"We will take the strongest squad possible. We don’t have the luxury to pick and choose. We have a few injuries but we take this cup seriously as we were a penalty kick away from the final last year. We won a lot of hearts last year (???) when we played in the cups so we will take a strong squad."

Douglas "Dougie" Freedman

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Zaha takes a DIVE in the penalty area.....nothing given (book the cheat ref).

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Is Holroyd still at Preston? This could be the ideal game for him to get one, if not a goal then at least a shot.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:ffsparr: Embarrasing. I know Swindon (a particularly gd outfit) turned us over after us being the better side for an hr... But add this result to their others and it's FAR worse :lol: :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here