Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Press this morning.....

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I do worry that playing Owen, Zamora, Tevez and Kanchelskis will leave too much pressure on Bridcutt and JFC/Navarro defensively

*edit* :facepalm: I've just realised that's probably why we are after Reyes

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Vokes in bag then?

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
I am not going to do a properly shit 'that's all, Vokes' joke if he's the only person we sign today. Promise.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Brighton and Hove Albion | News | Latest News | Latest News | Albion Sign Striker

Albion have signed Welsh international striker Sam Vokes from Wolverhampton Wanderers, on loan until the end of the season.

Gus Poyet and the club's head of football operations David Burke agreed the loan move with Wolves this weekend, and 22-year-old Vokes completed the necessary paperwork earlier today.

Vokes watched Albion's famous cup win over Newcastle on Saturday from the directors' box, and Poyet said, "Sam is a traditional centre-forward, physically strong, and the type of forward we feel will complement the strikers we have here.

"He showed a huge amount of potential as a teenager at Bournemouth and with Wolves in the Championship, but he has found his opportunities limited in the Premier League.

"It's always difficult for a loan player, but I hope that we can be the club at which he flourishes, and that his style of play will suit the way we like to play; and we have an opportunity to get to know each other between now and the end of the season."

Vokes, who was born in Southampton and whose family live in Lymington, began his career with Bournemouth, before moving to Wolves in 2008.

During his time at Molineux he has spent time on loan in the Championship with Bristol City, Sheffield United, Norwich City and Burnley; he also spent time on loan at Leeds in 2009, when the Elland Road club were in League One.

Burnley were reportedly keen to retain the striker's services for the second half of the season, after Vokes recently ended a two-month loan spell at Turf Moor, but instead he has opted to join Albion.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
On club website now, Vokes on loan

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Vokes signed... club text

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Vokes on loan until the end if the season. Club website.

welcome sam

0,,10433~10435004,00.jpg

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Is Vokes cup tied? (what a great position for an albion fan to have to think like that? Just shows how far we have come)

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I reckon it could be GF Zola as assistant manager ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here