Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Press conference called by the club for Thursday afternoon.

Daddylonglegs

Jan 28, 2008
Hove
Cox not going yet -- they're trying to rush him to sign a new contract in the next day or two.

Don't think press conference will throw up anything new, just confirm a few media stories, like Dixon interest.

questier

Apr 16, 2006
Cambridgeshire/Liverpool
Theres a press conference type thing at every football club on a thursday, its just whether this one will be announcing big news, usually its just an interview with the manager and maybe a player talking about the next game/the midweek game if there's been one

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Cox not going yet -- they're trying to rush him to sign a new contract in the next day or two.

Don't think press conference will throw up anything new, just confirm a few media stories, like Dixon interest.

He is signed up until the end of 2009/10. I am not quite sure why we would want him to sign another contract - his form certainly does not merit a pay increase.

Daddylonglegs

Jan 28, 2008
Hove
He is signed up until the end of 2009/10. I am not quite sure why we would want him to sign another contract - his form certainly does not merit a pay increase.

Don't shoot the messenger. I agree his form is poor. But perhaps DK isn't going to be able to get anyone else in and is using signing current players as "ambition to be promoted" in a bid to see hammond stay?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Don't shoot the messenger. I agree his form is poor. But perhaps DK isn't going to be able to get anyone else in and is using signing current players as "ambition to be promoted" in a bid to see hammond stay?

Sorry, run that by me again. Extend the contract of a current player who has two and a half years of said contract still to run, in order to keep Dean Hammond here?

Nope, you've lost me there. How does that work?

Daddylonglegs

Jan 28, 2008
Hove
If it turns out that you are correct, then I will apologise. :)

I'm not saying Cox WILL sign a new one in the next day or two (why would he?!?I assume he is on reasonable money for his age) Just that they are TRYING to get him to sign one.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
If only you knew...... You'll eat your words.

Are you going to tell us how you know ? are you a player, related to/friends with a player, somehow employed/linked to the club, drinking mates with one of the ball boys ? It would be nice to know whether to take you seriously or disregard you as yet another NSC windup merchant.

Daddylonglegs

Jan 28, 2008
Hove
Sorry, run that by me again. Extend the contract of a current player who has two and a half years of said contract still to run, in order to keep Dean Hammond here?

Nope, you've lost me there. How does that work?

Was just trying to think of a reason why they would be trying to extend his contract, as i assure you they are.

ok, ERRrrrrrr , another senaerio, perhaps by increasing coxy's money/length of contract knowing that someone is coming for him in the summer they can demand more???

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Was just trying to think of a reason why they would be trying to extend his contract, as i assure you they are.

ok, ERRrrrrrr , another senaerio, perhaps by increasing coxy's money/length of contract knowing that someone is coming for him in the summer they can demand more???

I'm not doubting they are trying to get Coxy to sign a contract extension (or even a new contract) - it will be great if he does sign one. Not that he needs to do it before tomorrow. At present (and this might well be an issue), only one player so far is contracted to be playing at Falmer - Glenn Murray. (I know I said Joel Lynch the other day - but I was wrong.)

My question is - how will Coxy signing a contract extension make Hammond want to stay?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here