Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership striker

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Having read on here a couple of days ago that we were looking at a premiership striker & the fact that there have previously been other threads linking us to Kevin Phillips news today from Birmingham paves the way for this to be a distinct possibility:

Birmingham are also closing in on the £5m signing of Palermo striker Fabrizio Miccoli, with fellow forward Kevin Phillips set to leave the club as a result.
Full story: Daily Mirror

It may or may not happen but I'd like to think we could & he would but I imagine there would be a host of Championship clubs that would be more than happy to aquire Mr Phillips. If he did come it would be a good statement of intent.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He'd be great but his wages would be massive, justified only by the INSANE AMOUNT OF GOALS HE'D GET FOR US!

Sign him. Go on. It makes sense.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I know that Phillips is going and has "a number of possibilities to consider". No hint from anyone I know around Birmingham City as to where he might go as it's with his agent and the club are, I suspect, no longer overly involved. I would be very surprised if he came to us but we can live in hope.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Marlon Harewood has been mentioned. Would rather have Phillips though, although Phillips has always scored most of his goals when playing off a big man. He could not play a lone role, oh its nice to dream.lol

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Having read on here a couple of days ago that we were looking at a premiership striker & the fact that there have previously been other threads linking us to Kevin Phillips news today from Birmingham paves the way for this to be a distinct possibility:

Birmingham are also closing in on the £5m signing of Palermo striker Fabrizio Miccoli, with fellow forward Kevin Phillips set to leave the club as a result.
Full story: Daily Mirror

It may or may not happen but I'd like to think we could & he would but I imagine there would be a host of Championship clubs that would be more than happy to aquire Mr Phillips. If he did come it would be a good statement of intent.

Indeed. I think we need to have a 'crown jewel' to get those goals.

If we did, and he did, then starting Falmer in the Championship would bring bucket loads of cash into the club just from TV money alone.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Marlon Harewood has been mentioned. Would rather have Phillips though, although Phillips has always scored most of his goals when playing off a big man. He could not play a lone role, oh its nice to dream.lol

I have never rated Harewood, He has so much pace but cant finish.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Emile Heskey :jester:

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Its not going to be anyone as class as Marlon Harewood or Kevin Phillips , the wages on them would be so much higher then Lee Hendrie's and we can't even afford his , it'll probley be a young fresh striker from a teams academy .

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Marlon Harewood has been mentioned. Would rather have Phillips though,

i think i'd rather have Harewood, player for a few years than one maybe two as they look at retirement.

though frankly i think anyone believing either are coming to League 1 Brigthon are delusional. Phillips will have about 20 clubs playing in the PL and Championship to choose from and Harewood could settle in to most Chamionship sides.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
If we cant afford the likes of Billy Paynter or Lee Barnards wages, people thinking we could sign Kevin Phillips or Marlon Harewood need their heads checked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here