Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Premiership relegation

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed

Newcaslte-Ashley wants to sell the club so lack of funds for Jan and Owen on way out potentially.
Blackburn-Rely on Santa Cruz, and other top players not performing well atm
West Brom-Don't look good enough

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Said on here, before a ball was kicked, that I didn't think Ince had a prayer on keeping Blackburn up, nothing's changed.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Far too close to call at the mo - I had thought early in the season that Bolton may be the worst team andwould really struggle, but they've had some decent results. Could be anyone, if I was going to punt on it now, I wopuld have to say West Brom, Stoke and Sunderland.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The signs are bad for West Brom, so I'd say they'd be my certs. Thereafter it's a tough call, but I feel Stoke will also drop down the table and it could then be a toss-up between former Man Utd teammates Steve Bruce's Wigan and Paul Ince's Blackburn.

I think Newcastle, Fulham, West Ham, Bolton and Sunderland will have enough about them to stay up, and Hull have so many points already they simply have to beat the average/poor teams at home from now on. Spurs under Harry will climb steadily and I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up 7th or 8th.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
The signs are bad for West Brom, so I'd say they'd be my certs. Thereafter it's a tough call, but I feel Stoke will also drop down the table and it could then be a toss-up between former Man Utd teammates Steve Bruce's Wigan and Paul Ince's Blackburn.

I think Newcastle, Fulham, West Ham, Bolton and Sunderland will have enough about them to stay up, and Hull have so many points already they simply have to beat the average/poor teams at home from now on. Spurs under Harry will climb steadily and I wouldn't be surprised if they ended up 7th or 8th.

Agree mostly but I think Blackburn have enough good players to see it out eventually, having a rough time at the mo though.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm having a quid on the Arse at 2,000-1. I don't think it's likely that they'll go down but I think those are rather generous odds for a team that's lost five times in the first three months and have a heap of other problems. Just for starters they have a main striker who spent the summer trying to get away, a captain (or ex-captain) who doesn't seem to like anyone in the club, another striker with anger issues, another striker who seems to have cut himself off from the rest of the team and a bunch of defenders who can't defend when it gets a bit physical.

They should have much too much class to even finish in the bottom half but strange things have happened and at those odds, I reckon it's worth a punt.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I'm having a quid on the Arse at 2,000-1. I don't think it's likely that they'll go down but I think those are rather generous odds for a team that's lost five times in the first three months and have a heap of other problems. Just for starters they have a main striker who spent the summer trying to get away, a captain (or ex-captain) who doesn't seem to like anyone in the club, another striker with anger issues, another striker who seems to have cut himself off from the rest of the team and a bunch of defenders who can't defend when it gets a bit physical.

They should have much too much class to even finish in the bottom half but strange things have happened and at those odds, I reckon it's worth a punt.

I don't think so - they could sack their first team and play the colts and still stay above West Brom.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
News just in - Fabregas named new Arsenal captain.

Could be a good move, I like to think it'll mean more and more youngsters being pushed into the first team.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't think so - they could sack their first team and play the colts and still stay above West Brom.

True...but above Tottenham, Blackburn, Wigan?

Like I said, I really don't think it's at all likely but 2,000-1 are the sort of odds you give championship contenders, Arsenal are a long way from that this year.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
True...but above Tottenham, Blackburn, Wigan?

Like I said, I really don't think it's at all likely but 2,000-1 are the sort of odds you give championship contenders, Arsenal are a long way from that this year.

Don't get me wrong - it would be funny if it happened (would love to see Wengers face !), best of luck.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think it'll be:

West Brom (unfortunately)
Sunderland (is Keane really all that?)
one from West Ham, Stoke or Bolton

It's a shame that West Ham, Bolton and Newcastle won't all be going down. :(

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Hull will go down.

I don't think it's impossible. They had a good start, and are still producing decent results (2-2 with Pompey is respectable), but I think their confidence will go as soon as they start a bad run and they could start slipping fast. At least with Stoke they have the right signs of staying up - a fantastic home record and an ability to play ugly and get results. Hull have been brilliant so far but how long can this last?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here