Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League / Football League attempts to finish the season

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I lost interest the second it referred to Knockaert as a brighton player who had expressed reservations

I haven't noticed Paul barber toning down what he says either. Just this morning I read something about why Paul Barber expects problems with phase two of project restart.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent
The picture of Bloom on the left and Barber on the right calls Bloom as being on the right of the two ! Pile of ####

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
2 further positive tests from the second round of testing done on Thursday and Friday. No reports on which club(s) and if it’s players or members of staff.

Reports this morning that one of them is a Bournemouth player.

Be interesting to know if these two are the result of more people being tested (over 900 tests this time), or were they negative on Monday and positive now?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Reports this morning that one of them is a Bournemouth player.

Be interesting to know if these two are the result of more people being tested (over 900 tests this time), or were they negative on Monday and positive now?

If one is a player that would suggest it was acquired in the interim (or duff testing first time round?)

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
BAME players are complaining that they face twice the the risk from Coronavirus. Is it because they seem to be twice as likely to break lockdown for haircuts, sex, etc?

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
Two people at one Championship club also tested positive in the round of testing. No word yet on who/which club etc.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
BAME players are complaining that they face twice the the risk from Coronavirus. Is it because they seem to be twice as likely to break lockdown for haircuts, sex, etc?

You seem to have misunderstood. They are talking about BAME people in the population rather than BAME football players. Their concerns centre around the uncertainty around whether genetics play a part in severity of infection or whether the statistics are highlighting socio economic factors. More research needed but all the while there is uncertainty who can blame them for being concerned.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

It's in the Daily Mail, so of course it's all lies (even if it's true (everyone on NSC should know that by now). Actually in this case, if not actual lies, it's certainly heavily slanted - PB opposed using neutral grounds, just that, not re-starting per se. Just lazily re-hashing the myth that Brighton are opposed to restarting the season because of relegation fears.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Wow.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It's in the Daily Mail, so of course it's all lies (even if it's true (everyone on NSC should know that by now). Actually in this case, if not actual lies, it's certainly heavily slanted - PB opposed using neutral grounds, just that, not re-starting per se. Just lazily re-hashing the myth that Brighton are opposed to restarting the season because of relegation fears.

And as [MENTION=27239]atomised[/MENTION] points out, the 'Brighton players' cited in the article as being involved are Dunk, Murray and… Knockaert! :rolleyes:

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

You seem to have misunderstood. They are talking about BAME people in the population rather than BAME football players. Their concerns centre around the uncertainty around whether genetics play a part in severity of infection or whether the statistics are highlighting socio economic factors. More research needed but all the while there is uncertainty who can blame them for being concerned.

I'll Wow and raise you both a Whoosh. But life's too short to explain it. I have a NSC Quiz to guess up to 15 answers incorrectly.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
If one is a player that would suggest it was acquired in the interim (or duff testing first time round?)
No, because incubation is typically 5 days. These tests were done on Thursday so the chances are it was acquired before Tuesday.

Or it could be a duff test, as you say. Or Monday's could have been a duff test.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Embarrassing fictional article from the Daily Fail, bereft of a single attributable quote. Good response from BHA warning to involve lawyers if the article isn't removed online and then formally retracted in next weeks edition. Why ANYONE would go to that rancid shitrag for 'news' is beyond me.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Embarrassing fictional article from the Daily Fail, bereft of a single attributable quote. Good response from BHA warning to involve lawyers if the article isn't removed online and then formally retracted in next weeks edition. Why ANYONE would go to that rancid shitrag for 'news' is beyond me.

That's how it works. Publish, retract later, but their demographic have read the original article and believe it, in spite of the latter apology / retraction.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
19th June PL fixtures start, Championship soon afterwards.

According to TS this afternoon, both leagues are relieved and pleased that an overwhelming proportion of tests are negative.

Aside from that, it was felt that certain clubs such as Manure (I'd add Newcastle), will continue to make mega signings this summer. With a new PR strategy of making all big transfer fees undisclosed, to avoid a public reaction, in these difficult times.

In summary, the football business moves on.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
That's how it works. Publish, retract later, but their demographic have read the original article and believe it, in spite of the latter apology / retraction.

Yep. You'd hope that anyone who reads it would recognise that there was absolutely ZERO in the way of attributed quotes, and therefore file it immediately in the bullshit bin accordingly. Except the likes of the tiresome dribbling slack-jawed brain-curdled THICKETS up the road, who will no doubt gleefully seize on junk like this to use as a stick to beat BHA with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here