Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League / Football League attempts to finish the season

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I hope I didn't say this is very close now (large numbers).

But some of us would've had the disease and not realised.

Indeed. One of my cousins would never have known he has it if he hadn't gone to hospital for an operation. He's now tested positive twice, three weeks apart, with no symptoms whatsoever.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/final-premier-league-table-points-21919739

Capturedddd.JPG

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Nine games left. Some football to watch on the telly. Really not going to sit around going "facking hell, I thought Murray was a down-to-earth man of the people but actually he's scum and I've never felt more distant from footballers" if they can conclude this season.

I don't miss football that much when I think about it and football without fans is pish etc etc. But I'd rather have something than an indefinite nothing. Even though it'll probably send us down.

Seems to me that we are beyond missing football now. I did so at first but have now got used to life without. I’m sure it will all return once the game is up and running again but for now am not that fussed about watching a game live.

Jeremiah

God is great
Mar 15, 2020
Hove
Seems to me that we are beyond missing football now. I did so at first but have now got used to life without. I’m sure it will all return once the game is up and running again but for now am not that fussed about watching a game live.

Yep, the events of the last few months have put Football into perspective. I used to argue against people who said footballers are overpaid and the game is a money grabbing machine. But not now , how can many players be paid over £50k a week when others who are putting their lives on the line (like nurses , bus drivers , shop workers etc) take 2 years to earn this ?

The money at the top end of football is obscene and hopefully when this nightmare is all over the imbalance will be addressed - but, unfortunately,I doubt it.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yep, the events of the last few months have put Football into perspective. I used to argue against people who said footballers are overpaid and the game is a money grabbing machine. But not now , how can many players be paid over £50k a week when others who are putting their lives on the line (like nurses , bus drivers , shop workers etc) take 2 years to earn this ?

The money at the top end of football is obscene and hopefully when this nightmare is all over the imbalance will be addressed - but, unfortunately,I doubt it.

That's all well and good so long as you have the same view about movie stars, musicians etc etc.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
That's all well and good so long as you have the same view about movie stars, musicians etc etc.

Many 'contemporary' musicians are struggling after tours were cancelled. The bulk of their income is now gleaned from live stuff nowadays and many are having to ask for donations for an online gig or simply not ask for a refund for pre-paid tickets.

Unless you're monotonous geriatrics like The Rolling Stones with massive royalty income streams, many bands/singers are finding it tough right now.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Hilarious if happens to Leeds lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could add the chant “We are Premier League” to the “Champions of Europe” one...whilst being neither.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Bundesliga hope to resume on 9 May, behind closed doors.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52379825

Read this in an article about the Bundesliga returning:

"Gladbach have enabled their supporters to produce €19 cardboard cut-outs of themselves with the help of a local printing company and will put them up in their respective seats — 6,500 of them have already been ordered"

If the Albion offered this would you be interested??

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

"Gladbach have enabled their supporters to produce €19 cardboard cut-outs of themselves with the help of a local printing company and will put them up in their respective seats — 6,500 of them have already been ordered"

If?

You ask as if there is a chance Barbs would pass up on such an opportunity.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

Short answer NO

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

Is there a signing/non-signing section?

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I think the season should be voided and play the entire next season behind closed doors. People not thinking about next season. Some even saying to cancel next season in order to finish this one. That would cost the premier league BILLIONS. As they would have to pay back all the money from sponsors, and TV companies worldwide. Next season is vital for football to survive.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Today, the chairman of the Australian Rugby League Commission has floated the possibility of having rugby fans download an app and “self-isolate” for 14 days if they want to go to the State of Origin - one of the year’s most significant and competitive series of games.

Peter V’landys made the comments to Triple M radio this morning, saying he was looking at ways to hold the event with a safer or smaller crowd.

The ARLC has already announced that a three-game Origin series will be held at the end of the year, but the exact details are yet to be determined.

Today V’landys floated a number of possibilities.

“We may not have the crowds of a normal State of Origin, but a limited crowd with social distancing,” he said.

“There’s an idea where we put people on an app and if you’re a really hardcore supporter and you can stay at home for 14 days and isolate yourself and we track you on the app, you can go to the game."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here