Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 9-10/12/23

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Europe out of the question this season if you can't beat any one of Burnley, Sheffield utd, fulham(at home) at least and we have shite for brains at bulging the onionbag.
During a period we have a bulging injury list, traveling across Europe, needing to play teenagers, we’ve got 26 points and scored 33 goals in 16 games, only 3 sides have scored more. :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Everton v Chelsea
One of the only games I’d be happy to see either lose!
Nah an Everton win puts them 3 points behind palace, after their 10 point deduction.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Your right, I should have put it a better way of the amt we create. When you put it like that I do agree though.
It’s absolutely frustrating, but, I think there is little to be too critical about tbh. Yesterday you just need one bit of luck, a deflection, ricochet into your path, and we didn’t get it, they did.

Taking a step back to have a squad and youngsters that can step in and we’re still disappointed that we’ve only lost 1 in 10 games, but we’re not pushing the top 4 speaks volumes for how well we’re doing.

Again yesterday we had 3 U19s finishing the game, incredible how well they’re doing - this just doesn’t happen in the PL anymore.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I see that 2 keepers have made the top four for number of saves made this season in a game by PL keepers against the Albion. We have gone a bit Potteresque at home haven’t we? Especially against lower league teams when we have completely dominated.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I see that 2 keepers have made the top four for number of saves made this season in a game by PL keepers against the Albion. We have gone a bit Potteresque at home haven’t we? Especially against lower league teams when we have completely dominated.
I said the same but was told it’s not the same - but it really is - and with better players at our disposal

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Today

Come on the Toffees. Sounds kinky that.
Draw or Fulham win.
Good luck Luton. I want Citeh to be at their very best in their next league game.
Draw in the other game please.

If Luton and Everton get something today, that club up the 23 would have lost ground to every club below them this weekend. Make it happen please.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Ever since Villa avoided relegation thanks (at least in part) to failing goalline technology I have found them to be one of my least favourite sides in the premier league and it irritates and annoys me to see them succeed. Probably doesn't help that we have been so terrible against them in our last couple of games.

But there would be something funny about it if the year Man City fail to win the prem, Unai Emery's Villa pips Arsenal to the title, when the gunners have been looked at as the biggest threat.

Last edited:

The Hermit Kingdom

Oct 29, 2023
Ever since Villa avoided relegatin thanks (at least in part) to failing goalline technology I have found them to be one of my least favourite sides in the premier league and it irritates and annoys me to see them succeed. Probably doesn't help that we have been so terrible against them in our last couple of games.

But there would be something funny about it if the year Man City fail to win the prem, Unai Emery's Villa pips Arsenal to the title, when the gunners have been looked at as the biggest threat.
100% I’m also hoping they get serious, ‘player unsettling’ offers for Luiz, Watkins, McGinn and Martinez in January and Arsenal realise they need to get Emery back.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Ever since Villa avoided relegation thanks (at least in part) to failing goalline technology I have found them to be one of my least favourite sides in the premier league and it irritates and annoys me to see them succeed. Probably doesn't help that we have been so terrible against them in our last couple of games.
Agreed.

Martinez immediately makes any team he plays for utterly unlikeable, and I also can't warm to McGinn at all.

That 6-1 defeat really grates me. It wasn't a 6-1 game in any way - absolutely everything went for them, and nothing went for us. I think I'm right in saying we ever out-Xg-ed them on that day too.

Wankers.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Agreed.

Martinez immediately makes any team he plays for utterly unlikeable, and I also can't warm to McGinn in any way.

That 6-1 defeat really grates me. It wasn't a 6-1 game in any way - absolutely everything went for them, and nothing went for us. I think I'm right in saying we ever out-Xg-ed them on that day too.

Wankers.
And the two goals that put them 3-1 up should have been ruled out, according to an independent panel. https://www.espn.co.uk/football/sto...o-jota-red-card-liverpool-spurs-was-incorrect

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Right, here we go again...

Everton v Chelsea (14:00) -H
Fulham v West Ham United (14:00) -One of those bleeders, so probably D, but H very acceptable
Luton Town v Manchester City (14:00) -H, basically for lols.
Tottenham Hotspur v Newcastle United (16:30) -Well, if there was ever a game we want a draw in, this is it. So D

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006

Riding their luck and before kick off yesterday only had THREE injuries to their first team squad. Luck like they are having doesn’t last a season. Currently my most disliked club in the league

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Riding their luck and before kick off yesterday only had THREE injuries to their first team squad. Luck like they are having doesn’t last a season. Currently my most disliked club in the league
Very much this, they have an unbelievable amount of luck that just can't continue. Also seem to get the benefit of most of their VAR decisions.
They really do have a large number of unlikable players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here