Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/2

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Don’t really blame dean there.

The VAR ref has obviously said he thinks it’s a red, which means Dean goes over to the screen with that mindset

They then slow it down completely which makes it look worse

VAR is a getting worse every week

Dean was a few metres away and saw the whole incident.

The papers will be all over this tomorrow morning. I hope that's his last game for a very long time, hopefully, his last.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dean was a few metres away and saw the whole incident.

The papers will be all over this tomorrow morning. I hope that's his last game for a very long time, hopefully, his last.

Of course, but when the VAR ref says he’s looked at it again (a few times) and he thinks it’s a red you think you have missed something.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
I don't think it was a red.

IF it gets overturned, they're saying that the ref didn't see an offence, the VAR box said they think he should take a proper look, the ref looks at a screen 20 times in slow-mo and normal speed, decides its a red, then a new panel says it wasn't.

Shambles anyone?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
How will it get overturned when two of the Prem's most experienced refs have looked at it over and over and both decided it is a red.

Mitrovic get a fellow pro sent off in the final moment of the game when the ball was dead. He is a disgrace and needs to take a long hard look at himself.

And Zamora is right - it is The The Complete And Utter Shyster Show. 40-odd more red cards given than the next nearest in Prem history. He loves it, probably decided it was a red after first view but milked it for another 10 views.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Mike Dean and Lee Mason need a rest. Utter joke of a decision. Luckily it didn't have any impact on the final result. Totally embarrassing. Deans already had one red card overturned this week.

The standard of reffing has got so much worse since VAR has come in.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Of course, but when the VAR ref says he’s looked at it again (a few times) and he thinks it’s a red you think you have missed something.

As if ego man Mike Dean cares what VAR HQ say, he watched it 30 times, was visibly unsure and still changed his decision and gave a player a 3 game ban for something he wasn’t sure about. Despicable refereeing.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
As if ego man The Complete And Utter Shyster cares what VAR HQ say, he watched it 30 times, was visibly unsure and still changed his decision and gave a player a 3 game ban for something he wasn’t sure about. Despicable refereeing.

If Mason doesn’t make up the incident he doesn’t go over there.

VAR refs are looking for stuff that isn’t there.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
If Mason doesn’t make up the incident he doesn’t go over there.

VAR refs are looking for stuff that isn’t there.

Indeed but Dean doesn’t have to change his decision, how two referees have looked at that and decided it’s any more than an accidental thing I will never know, I almost don’t believe two qualified referees can watch that and label it as violent conduct.

The FA are getting away with it atm if fans were in stadiums at the moment this wouldn’t be allowed to go on, same as the ridiculous linesman offside rule, just get rid of the flag waving tw*ts if they can’t put their flag up for blatant offsides anymore. We may as well just do away with physical referees and get the game referee’d by a robot.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
In a week, he’s given the offside by VAR on Danny zings goal against Villa last week, he was the ref who sent Bednarek off, against Manchester United, that got, quite rightly, overturned and now this absolute travesty of a decision.

The man is a complete incompetent, who needs to be sacked.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Is it me, or have penalties gone out of fashion? There were loads, now they seem to have dried up.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Indeed but Dean doesn’t have to change his decision, how two referees have looked at that and decided it’s any more than an accidental thing I will never know, I almost don’t believe two qualified referees can watch that and label it as violent conduct.

The FA are getting away with it atm if fans were in stadiums at the moment this wouldn’t be allowed to go on, same as the ridiculous linesman offside rule, just get rid of the flag waving tw*ts if they can’t put their flag up for blatant offsides anymore. We may as well just do away with physical referees and get the game referee’d by a robot.

The offside late flagging is a joke, someone is going to get a broken leg

It’s a free hit for a defender/keeper

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Mitrovic made a massive meal of that. He has to carry soke of the blame for getting a fellow professional sent off.

This. I get that we all like to moan about VAR and Mike Dean, but for me this is almost entirely on Mitrovic. That contact is not enough to send you to the floor. If he had the natural reaction of flicking his head back and maybe touching his hand to his head briefly I don't think VAR takes a look. But he doesn't, he takes the opportunity to collapse to the floor writhing and holding his head as if he's been severely smacked upside the head. That he supposedly tells the ref it's not a foul after that is meaningless. He's done the damage with his cowardly cheating when he simulated head trauma.

Because he goes down, VAR has to review, VAR sees an elbow to the head, and we all saw the result of that.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Is it me, or have penalties gone out of fashion? There were loads, now they seem to have dried up.

Players don’t go anywhere near anyone in the box anymore for fear they might breathe on someone the wrong way.

The offside late flagging is a joke, someone is going to get a broken leg

It’s a free hit for a defender/keeper

Imagine that happening in a packed partizan home crowd, everyone knows it’s 10 yards offside but we have to wait for VAR to make the decision from above. They genuinely might as well f**k the linesmen off at this point, it’s got farcical. I just can’t believe VAR is implemented so badly over here, I watch foreign football and the majority of the time it runs like clockwork.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here