Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/11

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
So, another team battles well against one of the big boys but comes up just short. Sounds familiar. So although a frustrating game on Friday we get a point more than West Brom, Sheffield United and Fulham, and obviously the same as Burnley. Still an opportunity lost, but not a disaster, especially when home advantage is minimal at present.
Looks like another grind this season when every point will count. However, did we genuinely think it would be anything different.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So, another team battles well against one of the big boys but comes up just short. Sounds familiar. So although a frustrating game on Friday we get a point more than West Brom, Sheffield United and Fulham, and obviously the same as Burnley. Still an opportunity lost, but not a disaster, especially when home advantage is minimal at present.
Looks like another grind this season when every point will count. However, did we genuinely think it would be anything different.

Good point well made.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Good points well made

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Remember when penalties used to be a rarity when referees where actually in control of a game? I feel like if anything the decisions are getting worse with VAR, that penalty and Leeds disallowed goal yesterday, in the past nobody would have batted an eyelid at either.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I can’t understand why VAR slows the replays down so the incidents look worse and distorts reality.

The initial instinct of the ref and linesman was spot on, the Wolves player couldn’t do an awful lot to get his hand out of the way.

I can understand why the ref overturned in slow motion but play it in real time that’s the only way to get a replay of what actually happened.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Leicester just got a penalty for a handball incident that was almost identical to a couple of our appeals against Burnley.

Would love to see a clip by clip comparison of it. Anyone got one of our appeal?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Remember when penalties used to be a rarity when referees where actually in control of a game? I feel like if anything the decisions are getting worse with VAR, that penalty and Leeds disallowed goal yesterday, in the past nobody would have batted an eyelid at either.

It’s at least 3-4 ridiculous decisions a week now but still it stays altering results and ruining the game. It’s becoming more about who gets the rub of the crazy decisions than who plays the best.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

None of the “big boys” are playing well - all there for the taking

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Just about everyone involved in the game, apart from the referees, are criticizing the inconsistency and stupidity of many of the decisions. Is anyone involved in the implementation actually reviewing these decisions and trying to improve the application of VAR or are they satisfied with this absolute b0ll0cks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here