Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 6-8/11

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Just about everyone involved in the game, apart from the referees, are criticizing the inconsistency and stupidity of many of the decisions. Is anyone involved in the implementation actually reviewing these decisions and trying to improve the application of VAR or are they satisfied with this absolute b0ll0cks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VAR should just be removed. People have moaned about refs since 1800-something and as long as they are human (ten more years?) they will continue to make mistakes. But, at least for me, it was a lot easier to accept those mistakes when they didnt watch the situation 48 times before making a decision.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Just about everyone involved in the game, apart from the referees, are criticizing the inconsistency and stupidity of many of the decisions. Is anyone involved in the implementation actually reviewing these decisions and trying to improve the application of VAR or are they satisfied with this absolute b0ll0cks.

Even the refs actually...Bamford said in his post match that the ref shrugged in a 'what are you meant to do?' way after he questioned his offside, at half time.
The Premier League, with the empty grounds and VAR, is shit this year, let's be honest. If it wasn't for the massive need of a distraction from Covid and Brexit and Johnson and Trump, we'd have all knocked in on the head months ago.

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
VAR should be replaced with a "no, that is mental" klaxon that sounds only if those reviewing the game think the referees decision is really crazy compared to what happened. Anything that seems plausible should go with the decision on the field.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
VAR should just be removed. People have moaned about refs since 1800-something and as long as they are human (ten more years?) they will continue to make mistakes. But, at least for me, it was a lot easier to accept those mistakes when they didnt watch the situation 48 times before making a decision.
As an aside, I only found out the other day why football has referees and cricket has umpires.

Lots of you probably know but I found it interesting that because the original football clubs were all born out of cricket clubs, originally there was an umpire from each team for each match.

But because of accusations of bias, they decided to bring in a neutral official who disputed decisions could be referred to. The referee. And the umpires eventually became the linesman.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
VAR should be replaced with a "no, that is mental" klaxon that sounds only if those reviewing the game think the referees decision is really crazy compared to what happened. Anything that seems plausible should go with the decision on the field.
Mike Dean would be klaxoning every five minutes though. "PAAARP!!!! LOOK AT ME!!!".

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Maybe we should go the American Football route? As in VAR is only used by request and each team has three requests per game.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Maybe we should go the American Football route? As in VAR is only used by request and each team has three requests per game.

It doesn’t t guarantee you will get a fair and consistent decision. The incompetents will make sure of that.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

Not a klaxon, but maybe an intelligent neutral fan at Stockley Park to decide when the VAR should take a look - that way the VAR wouldn't have a chance to try and disallow a goal for an offside toenail, or award a penalty for a ball accidentally brushing a hand from point blank range. They are only really needed to adjudicate on those decisions where most of the crowd will be shouting 'FFS Ref!', not the pettifogging rubbish they delight in making themselves feel important for now.
That's the proper interpretation of 'Clear and obvious' - not the Dermot Gallagher version!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Crickey! A penalty awarded without VAR being involved. then again, it was for Liverpool.

Citeh 0-1 Scousers

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
So, another team battles well against one of the big boys but comes up just short. Sounds familiar. So although a frustrating game on Friday we get a point more than West Brom, Sheffield United and Fulham, and obviously the same as Burnley. Still an opportunity lost, but not a disaster, especially when home advantage is minimal at present.
Looks like another grind this season when every point will count. However, did we genuinely think it would be anything different.

I did have a few 10th to 12th dreams I admit.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
English penalty league. And it’s only going to get worse, players are falling over at the slightest touches and penalties are being given for next to nothing. I can’t stand it anymore, I was on the fence as I thought it would have teething problems but I’m just beyond sick of it now, at least human beings making split second decisions you can understand inconsistent decisions to a point but it’s just explicable how many games are being decided by inconsistent VAR decisions

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here