Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 25-27/09/21

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Blimey Spuds, two of the best strikers in the PL and they are down with the Dead Men? We'll have either if it helps you...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He couldn’t talk to another club without permission from Tony Bloom, to be able to turn them down.

Not 100% sure but I dont think this is the case with managers. A lot of the rules for player transfers break all kinds of employment laws and are only tolerated because they make a shitload of money, and a lot of those rules are different from managers (for example transfer windows doesnt apply to them). The clubs still need to agree on a fee if they want a manager, but I dont think the whole "other employers are outlawed from having any contact with you" thing goes for managers.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Close up on Kane.

Andy Townsend - "A penny for his thoughts right now"

Jesus wept Andy he's thinking:-

'I wish I was in Manchester right now'.

:facepalm:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Not 100% sure but I dont think this is the case with managers. A lot of the rules for player transfers break all kinds of employment laws and are only tolerated because they make a shitload of money, and a lot of those rules are different from managers (for example transfer windows doesnt apply to them). The clubs still need to agree on a fee if they want a manager, but I dont think the whole "other employers are outlawed from having any contact with you" thing goes for managers.

Tony Bloom gave permission for Poyet to talk to Reading. Poyet turned them down, but it was all down above board.
Swansea gave permission for Brighton to approach Potter., once the compensation figure was agreed.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Depends what is in his contract, that sort of thing can be put into contracts in other industries.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Mourinho must be watching this and just nodding. "Yes... I remember...", as he drains the last drops of his second bottle of red.

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
This weekend has just been BRILLIANT so far.

Man U lost.
Chelsea lost.
Leeds lost (late on, so even better).
Liverpool didn’t win.
Stains lost.
Spurs are getting dry bummed in the North London derby.
Arsenal are so sh|t, they are going to be really happy about only being 3 points behind Brighton (even with our game in hand)

AND we can go top if we beat that lot up the road (I’m not sure anyone realises that as I’ve not seen it mentioned :lolol:)

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Yep potter spoke to Brighton , maybe not directly , before leaving Swansea and joining us. It's accepted in football but I don't think you can be blazhay about it.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
My guilty pleasure on Sunday and Saturday is a few glasses of wine in the kitchen listening to 606 on Radio 5 live.

This weekend they have been playing the golf.

Golf the ****ing radio. Golf....

ON THE ****ING RADIO

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
My guilty pleasure on Sunday and Saturday is a few glasses of wine in the kitchen listening to 606 on Radio 5 live.

This weekend they have been playing the golf.

Golf the ****ing radio. Golf....

ON THE ****ING RADIO

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

I was thinking yesterday, car radios can automatically switch to traffic news when there's an update.

Surely someone can make a version which switches to music when "golf" or "Ryder Cup" are mentioned?!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here