Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 24-25/8/24

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Yeah but considering their club's 479 years of history, that's quite a remarkable record really.
Did you know The original plans for their, as yet unfinished, 'new' stand, has a thatched roof. . . It was environmentally friendly by design as it didn't require the burning of witches to fire clay Tiles.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I see Trossard and Bissouma both scored and Buenonotte assisted. Probably worth lumping on Caicedo to score against Wolves tomorrow.

I wonder if there's a similar thread on a Watford forum based on our goalscorers today?

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
If Dyche keeps Everton up he's a genius

They were on par with sheff United last season yesterday.
I think they'll turn it around and finish lower mid table again. Dyche is wily enough and we're only two games in, there's always a team who starts slow and recovers and a team that starts well but drops.

Disappointingly Fulham seem to be making good transfer moves now, I thought they might be in trouble. Would be good to get rid of the team we never beat. Villa too, but that's just unrealistic.

There are many on here who wouldn't piss on Leeds if they were on fire, but if they got promoted at Fulham's expense, that's 4-6 more points a season for us.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Have Bournemouth really got a new player called Emma Nielson. playing today ?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Our old chums getting some rave reviews today:

Screenshot_20240825_143333_Reddit.jpg

Screenshot_20240825_143242_Reddit.jpg

Screenshot_20240825_143218_Reddit.jpg

Screenshot_20240825_143209_Reddit.jpg

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think they'll turn it around and finish lower mid table again. Dyche is wily enough and we're only two games in, there's always a team who starts slow and recovers and a team that starts well but drops.

Disappointingly Fulham seem to be making good transfer moves now, I thought they might be in trouble. Would be good to get rid of the team we never beat. Villa too, but that's just unrealistic.

There are many on here who wouldn't piss on Leeds if they were on fire, but if they got promoted at Fulham's expense, that's 4-6 more points a season for us.

They don't have any more money to bring anyone in, so I'm not sure how they can improve drastically, plus they lost Onana who was a key player for them at times.

I rate Dyche highly, I just can't see him doing it.

They don't have the 3 teams coming up looking completely clueless either.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
It amazes me just how Bournemouth manage to compete at the top table.
Why? If we can, they can too. The main thing holding them back is the small stadium but we know that doesnt impact PL income that much anymore.

We have similar, predominantly lower league histories. We both have rich owners willing to invest both in players and club infrastructure. We both have big hinterlands to draw upon for support. Bournemouth and Brighton have a lot of similarities, I don't hold onto any snobbery about them. They could finish top half this season.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's not the players, it's the club. They were quite good when we had them. They broke 'em with their scattergun squad management

Cuckoo just won the Euros with Spain, and was one of the best left backs. Chelsea simply break everything.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here