Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 24-25/8/24

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Surely this must be the season we finally get rid of one of Everton or Palace, stinking up the place for far too long

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
My mate - a neutral (Burton Albion fan) is watching the Spurs game with a mate of his in a corporate box. Reckons it could be 7-0 easily and Everton have been atrocious

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I genuinely thought Maresca would be the first Premier League manager for the chop this season because, y'know, Chelsea. But it could be Dyche.

Or, even better, Glasner.
Gotta be Dyche short of a truly miraculous turnaround. I mean, his squad is shit to be fair, but he is so so limited as a coach when setting up teams.

Just watching the Spurs goals now and… yeah… his whole schtick is being solid and tough to beat. Well they’re some of the softest goals you will see this season.

Everton are truly f***ed this time.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Gotta be Dyche short of a truly miraculous turnaround. I mean, his squad is shit to be fair, but he is so so limited as a coach when setting up teams.

Just watching the Spurs goals now and… yeah… his whole schtick is being solid and tough to beat. Well they’re some of the softest goals you will see this season.

Everton are truly f***ed this time.

How many times has this been said, yet they always find a way.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Come on Ipswich! Score a consolation goal please - it's nice being top of the PL, but it takes the edge off it a bit when we know we're only ahead of Manchester City on alphabetical order!

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
How many times has this been said, yet they always find a way.
I really, really think this time is different. What’s happened before is they’ve tried to improve, gone with more ambitious coaches to try and take them beyond perennial relegation candidates (like we did with Potter, successfully), then fail, panic and get back in a Dyche or Hodgson or Warnock or Allardyce to scrape points to survive.

This time they’re STARTING with the replacement emergency guy with the weakest squad they’ve probably ever had. They aren’t going to do it in reverse and get a forward thinking tactician now.

They either stick with Dyche or replace him like for like.

Wonder what Curbishley is doing now?

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
Everton could have a very long season ahead of them, already getting a very good goal difference! Best stadium in Championship next year

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I’ve just watched the last 10 minutes or so of the Palace game.

Interesting one for the ref, Palace freekick just outside the box, the ref blows his whistle and one of the Palace players ( Wharton?) is touching the ball, Paqueta breaks out of the wall,and takes the ball up the pitch. The ref immediately blows his whistle and signals the freekick to be taken again.

Shirley, Paqueta does nothing wrong?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here