Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 21-22/9/24

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Its a joke and 25 pts will be enough to keep you up.

Like I said (which randomly infuriated people) last week: the PL is too big and need to be reduced to 16 or 18 teams to make it more competitive, there needs to be a chance that "ok" (rather than just bad) teams get relegated or it'll get very boring and predictable in the long run.
it’s already boring , only 1 or 2 teams will win the league , so what difference does it make how many teams are in the league ,
you really think the Premier league will reduce the number of games they play ? , before the season starts most people know where each team will finish, occasionally someone like us will upset the apple cart and finish 6th ,

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Palace definitely heading for Europe :smile:

Having said that I am not that confident we’ll get anything tomorrow, been following this club too long and a win would cement our early season form, so we are set up for a banana skin probably incoming :down:

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
I didn’t watch this, which Manure midfielder owned him?
There was no one player really. He was sat in front of the defence, trying to sweep for the wingbacks who kept getting caught ahead of the ball with Garnacho constantly going in behind. He was generally very very slow and immobile getting across the pitch side to side.

He lost the ball back to goal in his own half which Manchester United should’ve scored from, and was rightly hauled off in the second half.

Not good today at all.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Its a joke and 25 pts will be enough to keep you up.

Like I said (which randomly infuriated people) last week: the PL is too big and need to be reduced to 16 or 18 teams to make it more competitive, there needs to be a chance that "ok" (rather than just bad) teams get relegated or it'll get very boring and predictable in the long run.
Yeah, I suggested it would be better if it were reduced to 16 or 18 teams once (I can't remember if I chickened out of going for 16) and I reckon it would have gone down better if I'd shat in my hand and thrown it at someone.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
it’s already boring , only 1 or 2 teams will win the league , so what difference does it make how many teams are in the league ,
you really think the Premier league will reduce the number of games they play ? , before the season starts most people know where each team will finish, occasionally someone like us will upset the apple cart and finish 6th ,
But its increasingly boring, and increasingly uneven.

Five years ago, the "40 point to stay up" was somewhat real. With the current development we're soon going to say "30 points will keep you up". Its pathetic.

Not too many years ago, if Palace or anyone would have gone 5 without a win in the beginning, people would think "oh its going to be really tough for them to stay up". Today you need to have a lobotomy to even think about three out of Everton, Ipswich, Leicester, Southampton and Wolves ending up above them.

The Championship needs to get stronger, with more "big teams"/"big brands", and the Premier League needs to be more (!) based on TV money to become more competitive. If 16-18 teams share the TV money rather than the 20 as it stands, Champions League money becomes a slightly smaller factor than it is now.

Of course the REAL solution to the issue is different distribution of wealth (less money to the PL and more to the EFL), but I'm trying to be realistic here.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Let's hope oor billy hasn't gone there to be a bench warmer.
He's competing with the duo that won them the Serie A two seasons ago along with an Italian international (also on the bench tonight). Strong competition and he may well spend some time on the bench.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Yeh, maybe. So did Leo Ostigard........................

It won't help his Scotland career much. Still, it's nice and warm, and the money's good.
Yup. The club is a lot bigger as well and have a decent chance to win things which isn't really the case in Brighton.

As for his Scotland career he could probably sit on the bench for five years straight and still have a good chance of starting... they aren't all that good.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Palace definitely heading for Europe :smile:

Having said that I am not that confident we’ll get anything tomorrow, been following this club too long and a win would cement our early season form, so we are set up for a banana skin probably incoming :down:
It feels so inevitable that we'll f it up when a win would really set us up for the hard run of games. Like watching a movie we've all seen many times before :ffsparr:.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here