Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 21-22/9/24

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
Interesting discussion on R5

apparently martinez jumped in two-footed but didn't make any contact.
They are suggesting it should have been a red card.

Can you be sent off for a bad tackle where no fould took place?
Or am I mis-interpreting the challenge?
Drogba was once sent off for a two footed challenge but he got the ball. I think it depends on the risk factor. If he misses the ball, that would be a serious injury.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Drogba was once sent off for a two footed challenge but he got the ball. I think it depends on the risk factor. If he misses the ball, that would be a serious injury.
It could easily have been a broken ankle. 100% stonewall red.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Different law though, that would be Violent Conduct which IIRC actually specifies strike or attempt to strike an opponent.
Oh, fair enough!

Still think that should be a red card though, all luck and no judgement as to avoiding ending the palace players career.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
How the f*** is that not a red? Shocking decision, just dreadful.

Looks like he's caught in two minds, block a pass or win the ball and it just becomes a soup of shite that could have ended very badly.

Red would have been right but I don't necessarily think yellow is wrong - its important to be nice, and the ref might have said "well you're a little bit shit and can't help yourself so I'm settling for a yellow".

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Oh, fair enough!

Still think that should be a red card though, all luck and no judgement as to avoiding ending the palace players career.
Absolutely agree. Inches away from a broken ankle. Terrible decision.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Decent results. Both of these are likely to compete with us for 7-12th place so shared points is good.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Blimey - the bottom 8 teams have won a total of 2 games out their first 40.
Its a joke and 25 pts will be enough to keep you up.

Like I said (which randomly infuriated people) last week: the PL is too big and need to be reduced to 16 or 18 teams to make it more competitive, there needs to be a chance that "ok" (rather than just bad) teams get relegated or it'll get very boring and predictable in the long run.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Why did Man Utd stop playing for the last 20 minutes? Especially Martinez who spent most of that time just standing with the ball at his feet.

Palace may have a new manager but it’s the same tactics of packing men behind the ball and trying to score on the counter attack.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here