Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19-22/06/20

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Not quite a perfect weekend of results (Villa and Watford scraping draws), but we've now put ourselves in a position where all the teams below us have to win at least two more games than us to overtake us.
:thumbsup:

I've just looked at Villa's remaining games as well.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Not quite a perfect weekend of results (Villa and Watford scraping draws), but we've now put ourselves in a position where all the teams below us have to win at least two more games than us to overtake us.
:thumbsup:

Villa were lucky as they were outplayed by Sheffield United.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
[emoji106]
Villa can put that right by losing against Chelsea today.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Come on Sheffield Utd and Chelsea!

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Even without our 95th minute winner, I thought we had the best performance,(not only result) of all the relegation mini league.
We were the best performance followed by Watford, Bournemouth 2nd half, West Ham, Villa, Norwich.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm wondering if the football is really that much worse than usual or if we're just seeing how much a) being there live, with thousands around you all invested in the game resonating with each other makes it feel the football is better, b) a crowd living and breathing the game as it happens makes the home viewing feel like it is better than it is.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I'm wondering if the football is really that much worse than usual or if we're just seeing how much a) being there live, with thousands around you all invested in the game resonating with each other makes it feel the football is better, b) a crowd living and breathing the game as it happens makes the home viewing feel like it is better than it is.

I had the crowd noise on, and what you don't get is all the pantomime stuff that really goes a long way to making the football experience what it is. Things like the ironic cheers when finally awarded a free-kick, the ongoing boo-ing of a player whenever they touch the ball after a bad tackle, the targeting of players like Zaha / El Hahdji Diouf resulting in the latter being sent off, the gradual ramping up of noise and/or tension toward the end of the game. And so on.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Superb comedy goal at St James. Newcastle take the lead against the Blades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Newcastle getting the breaks - Sheffield down to ten men and a soft goal. Shame - I was still looking at us trying to overhaul them and/or Southampton!

Couple of shocking misses by Newcastle too - O'Grady would have buried them!

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
3-0
Could never understand just how Sheff Utd have picked up so many points this season.
Every time I e seen them, they’ve been pony

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can now take it that Newcastle and Saints are not going to get dragged into the relegation battle...sadly

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Inevitably imho, as with the Bundesliga, most of the mega spending clubs will take the usual top slots for European football come the end of the season. Nailed on that Manure will finish top 5 or 4, with a £750m squad.
Leicester?

Oh and I think Wolves will have something to say about that anyway. They really are a great side.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Can now take it that Newcastle and Saints are not going to get dragged into the relegation battle...sadly
This will make you feel better:
We are 10/1 to go down with SkyBet. If we lose the same percentage of games as we have all season and only draw the remainder, we will still probably stay up (37 points and a decent GD)

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Thankfully Sheff Utd don't have any of their remaining matches against the bottom 5. Poor for their two games so far. Mid table by the end I reckon (still a major achievement). Their progress next season will be interesting.

Stato

Dec 21, 2011

I think that neither getting dragged in is in our favour. Both were large outside bets and we still have to play the two of them. We could do with one, or both sets of players being on the beach when these matches come around.

It would also be good to see the Sheff Utd bubble burst in the last part of this season. They have been bouncing along on supreme confidence in their system for a good while. If they start to lose that confidence, and Chris Wilder can't or won't find another way, they may not have much else to make them competitive next year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here