Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 19-22/06/20

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
That three points yesterday combined with the results for those around us really takes the pressure off for the next two games. If we could sneak another point or dare I dream three more from somewhere we would be going into the Norwich game in great spirits. Even if not and we lose the next two the chances are we still won’t be in the bottom three.

So we want Liverpool to win today and next week so they really don’t give a shite in our game soon?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Feels rather like a world cup or euros this, everyone playing at different times, with games every day...

And today brings Burnley, minus many of their top, top players v Man City who have been able to make 8 changes and still look ridiculously strong. Plus Jay Rodriguez taking the knee.

Sort of like an Argentina v Iran but with added irony.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Burnley have only named seven subs.

A fair few out of contract players that are not featuring. They look weak as anything with Barnes and Wood missing.

Shame they have so many points on the board already.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I had my first bet in months, at the beginning of the match on ManC scoring 3+ goals and had won by half time.

There’s such a huge chasm between ManC and the rest of the PL, in that their second team (this was a 50:50 mix) is better than most other first teams.

It was an obvious bet.

For Liverpool to push them hard for two seasons, and Leicester for 2/3’s of this season, is pretty remarkable.

Silva (both of them) and De Bruyne effortlessly completely run games of football [a rarity in the PL to have one such player, they have three).

Built on petro dollars of course, I wonder if the Saudis will turn NUFC into another club with 25 great players?

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Citeh can dismantle anybody - but if we are extremely brave at home and try to play round their press - we might get a goal or two. Let's just hope they play the third team:lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Citeh can dismantle anybody - but if we are extremely brave at home and try to play round their press - we might get a goal or two. Let's just hope they play the third team:lolol:

They’ll outclass us and win by several goals.

Behind closed doors football has taken away the small advantage lesser squads/clubs got from raucous home support. Before a ball was kicked, I predicted endless wins for ManC in this resumption, as similarly €€€€Bayern have reeled win after win.

Almost training matches for them taking the proverbial out of the likes of Burnley and Brighton.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I saw the announcement a few days ago about Aaron Lennon refusing to sign an extension and thought 'Aaron Lennon is at Burnley?!'. Then saw that Joe Hart had refused to sign and extension and thought that wasn't much of a surprise. They only seemed to sign him because they had a couple of injuries to their first two choices, and Hart didn't really do anything to claim their spots.

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I fear in these conditions Citeh might give us a tonking.

Getting tonked by city in the run in is the least of my worries. Its dropping points in games that we should have a great chance in that worries me, as we have done so often this season. But Saturday's win was a huge boost with other results too, so hopefully we can kick on...

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I fear in these conditions Citeh might give us a tonking.

We really need to avoid a "tonking" our goal difference is currently worth a point over the chasing pack.

It's a game for five at the back with pace in the wing backs, City are brilliant to watch, easily play the most attractive football in the league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here