Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-23/01

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Yes Silva obviously at his age but he’s still a good player and his attitude can’t be faulted.

But Pulisic is 22, Havertz is 21, Werner is 24, these are some of the best young players in the world and very much the future.

I assume you don’t watch a lot of the Bundesliga?

I never said anything about Havertz or Werner.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I never said anything about Havertz or Werner.

But you said they’ve signed these new players for big cash who aren’t interested in playing? As Chelsea’s two biggest summer signings are you not including them in that then?

And your criticism of Pulisic is bizarre, he’s been there nearly two years, has shown nothing but a good attitude and was oustanding last season. Likewise Silva who’s been an outstanding defender at the top level for over a decade.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Leicester go top Chelsea eighth...Southampton just below with a game in hand....will Frank be given until the end of the season

Rodgers is only 5 years older and has managed nigh on 600 games.
It's big boy league this, you can't be a pretender, and whereas some need time (our boy, Arteta, Parker has a bit about him) Lampard seems to have nothing beyond media training.
Maybe i'm being harsh. Maybe Roman will throw money at he and them until they win something. But, I'm seeing someone who needs to learn their craft.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It’s usually difficult to identify exactly why a mega spending club is failing .... the owner, manager, recruitment, toxic influences in the dressing room, an aging squad?

But this has to be Lampard’s fault.

Giroud, Havertz, Mount, Chilwell, Mendy, Pulisic, Kante, Jorginho, Silva are all outstanding footballers, the rest shirley better combined with aforementioned, than Leicester, Everton and West Ham. Imho Guardiola or Klopp would be getting far more out of that squad.

The inevitable Chelsea solution ..... $$$$. They’re now trying to gazump Real Madrid and Barca to Haaland.

Pulisic, Havertz, Rudiger and Werner were four of the leading lights in the Bundesliga. They are all under-performing. Lampard has to work out what system to employ to get the best out of his star players, and fast. To me he seems to have some allegiance to the English kids like Mount, James, Abraham, Hudson-Odoi who he was obliged to play before the transfer embargo was lifted.

I think he's got too many players and is having a problem keeping them all happy. There are 33 Chelsea players out on loan, I don't believe that is what Frank Lampard wants.

He hasn't beaten any of the big sides in the Prem all season and he's looking like a flat-track bully.

Bottom line - they fast-tracked Frank too soon. He should have stayed at Derby. He will get the sack, the question is where does he go next? I think he could be a good manager, and I also think he could even end up managing us one day.

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Not being controversial, just wondering is there ANYONE who admires Fat Sam....his approach and his record?

He is so anti-football imho but he has a decent CV.

Allegedly on a mega bonus to keep The Baggies up but I just don't get it.
That Bolton team he put together (in the 90s?) with Okocha, Djorkieff and Campo was a joy to watch - if I'd been in a position to do so back then I'd have paid good money to watch them. And as you say, he's got a pretty good CV. Gets more reviled than he deserves, IMHO.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Pulisic, Havertz, Rudiger and Werner were four of the leading lights in the Bundesliga. They are all under-performing. Lampard has to work out what system to employ to get the best out of his star players, and fast. To me he seems to have some allegiance to the English kids like Mount, James, Abraham, Hudson-Odoi who he was obliged to play before the transfer embargo was lifted.

I think he's got too many players and is having a problem keeping them all happy. There are 33 Chelsea players out on loan, I don't believe that is what Frank Lampard wants.

He hasn't beaten any of the big sides in the Prem all season and he's looking like a flat-track bully.

Bottom line - they fast-tracked Frank too soon. He should have stayed at Derby. He will get the sack, the question is where does he go next? I think he could be a good manager, and I also think he could even end up managing us one day.

Spot on with everything. Sentiment over ‘Super Frank’ after just one season with a relatively star-studded team at Derby at a lower level, led to a huge mistake by Abramovich.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Pretty clever way of keeping the Potter out crew quiet for a while

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Pretty clever way of keeping the Potter out crew quiet for a while

Lampard showed he had ability in infusing a decent Derby side with fledgling Chelsea talent to take them to the brink of the Prem.

He obviously interviewed well to get the Chelsea job, and I am struggling to think of a player who has played under so many top managers - Redknapp, Ranieri, Mourinho, Scolari, Hiddink, Ancelotti, Benitez, Pellegrini, Sven-Goran Eriksson, Cappello.

He is clearly prepared to give youth a go, the question is can he handle big players and get the best out of them? To get knocked back by Chelsea might be the making of him in the long-term. He could be a candidate to manage England one day, and I think if he finds a club that fits he'll be OK, but there are questions marks about him, no doubt.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Odd and uncharacteristic sentimentality flowing through that decision to hire Frank. Would Lampard EVER have got the manager's job had he not been a legendary player for them? Hard to imagine so.

It was a romantic appointment from a club known for it's ruthlessness and it seems that allowing their hearts to rule their heads for once is costing them dearly in every sense.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
The irony is that Frank was doing better with the home grown kids. Chelsea looked on the up last season and vastly more impressive with that model.

From the outside it looks like suddenly going out and bringing in the mercenaries has upset the balance. They should have kept on the same path they were.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton

That last line scares the shit out of me! Wouldn’t want ‘Tim Sherwood with A Levels’ anywhere near our club. Not only a poor manager with no credentials, he’s also a bit of a wanker.

He might have played for top managers but he has no philosophy himself, no tactical ideas, his team look like a group of expensively assembled individuals meeting up for a kick about. Watching his sides, there’s no direction, no proper plan, it’s basically just hoping that putting more good players out on the pitch than the opposition will be enough.

Compare it to the way Potter sets us up and it’s poles apart. Every player in our team knows their job and it is a collective plan. It’s not just Rodgers, if Potter was managing that side I’d fancy them to beat City to the title this season.

It always annoys me when people like Lampard get a job like that when they haven’t earnt it. He’s an amateur manager.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Really need United to step up and put Fulham to the sword tonight

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Decent going forward, so catches the eye. Can’t defend.

What? He is better than shaw for example. Would walk into every team except probably 3.

c38575998d090354a4713428a9d1cc09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here