Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 16-23/01

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Chelsea are a really, really poor team.
I don't think there is another team in the league who are so disjointed. Maybe Newcastle (But how much have Chelsea spent).
Tactics just seems to be get it to a skilful playful and let them run. Bit like school football and Leicester barely have to try.
Justin was one that got away- we were constantly linked with him when he was at Luton. Real player.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Taxi must be en route to collect Frank, arriving very shortly I imagine

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Chelsea are a really, really poor team.
I don't think there is another team in the league who are so disjointed. Maybe Newcastle (But how much have Chelsea spent).
Tactics just seems to be get it to a skilful playful and let them run. Bit like school football and Leicester barely have to try.
Justin was one that got away- we were constantly linked with him when he was at Luton. Real player.

Mad when you consider how much they spent on players who loads of other clubs wanted (but couldn't afford). Yet they were a far more cohesive side last season when they had the youngsters playing every week.

Lampard had a decent squad that would have benefited from a few slight improvements in key areas: instead he went full Augustus Gloop in the Wonka factory, and he's now finding he's feels a bit sick and is in danger of falling head first into the chocolate river.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Mad when you consider how much they spent on players who loads of other clubs wanted (but couldn't afford). Yet they were a far more cohesive side last season when they had the youngsters playing every week.

Lampard had a decent squad that would have benefited from a few slight improvements in key areas: instead he went full Augustus Gloop in the Wonka factory, and he's now finding he's feels a bit sick and is in danger of falling head first into the chocolate river.

The problem with Chelsea is that they've bought these players, but clearly, the same players are there for the cash and
ain't that interested in playing. Thiago is just a waste of space, for example, so too Pulisic. Hopeless players that don't
care.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The problem with Chelsea is that they've bought these players, but clearly, the same players are there for the cash and
ain't that interested in playing. Thiago is just a waste of space, for example, so too Pulisic. Hopeless players that don't
care.

Pulisic actually looked very good last season didn't he? I thought he was excellent. They all look pretty poor now though. Werner started out looking like he was going to be a real handful, but now he just looks lost, as does Havertz. They still haven't really sorted out the central defensive issues- Thiago Silva is a very good player but he's hardly the future. They've loaned Tomori out, and Rudiger/ Christensen/ Zouma etc are still as crap as ever.

Everyone knew their defence was terrible, yet amazingly, it seemed like they really weren't all that bothered about fixing the problem, instead spanking loads on shiny strikers.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s usually difficult to identify exactly why a mega spending club is failing .... the owner, manager, recruitment, toxic influences in the dressing room, an aging squad?

But this has to be Lampard’s fault.

Giroud, Havertz, Mount, Chilwell, Mendy, Pulisic, Kante, Jorginho, Silva are all outstanding footballers, the rest shirley better combined with aforementioned, than Leicester, Everton and West Ham. Imho Guardiola or Klopp would be getting far more out of that squad.

The inevitable Chelsea solution ..... $$$$. They’re now trying to gazump Real Madrid and Barca to Haaland.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Credit where it's due, Jonny Evans aside Leicester are a decent outfit.

I thought losing the excellent Chilwell would hurt, but it hasn't.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
care.

Pulisic is an outstanding player. So is Havertz. Their squad is immense and they are players with good attitudes who do care. Saying that about Thiago Silva is so far from the truth.

Unfortunately for them their manager hasn’t got a clue.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Pulisic is an outstanding player. So is Havertz. Their squad is immense and they are players with good attitudes who do care. Saying that about Thiago Silva is so far from the truth.

I disagree.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

I reckon they'd be points clear with Rodgers in charge.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here