Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 11-13/9/21

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
Yawn …. the Big 6 in control already.

View attachment 140365

It’s crazy to look at a table like that.

Even 15-odd years ago when I started supporting, we were playing at the Withdean and losing to bloody Southend and Yeovil every week. As a nipper I remember listening to everyone complain to BBC Sussex on the way home as we lost (most of the games I went to anyway!), but it was still the highlight of my week.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It’s crazy to look at a table like that.

Even 15-odd years ago when I started supporting, we were playing at the Withdean and losing to bloody Southend and Yeovil every week. As a nipper I remember listening to everyone complain to BBC Sussex on the way home as we lost (most of the games I went to anyway!), but it was still the highlight of my week.

I was listening to Radio Sussex this morning and in passing other sports news the disinterested reader simply said:

“… and in other Sussex and Surrey sports news, Brighton scored a late winner to make it three wins from their four Premier League games”.

I never went to Priestfield (bad fan), but benchmarking the Radio Sussex statement and where we are now, to not so very long ago chiselling out Withdean draws with the likes of Tommy Fraser, Gavin Hoyte, watching with 6,000 others on scaffold stands.

Crikey, what a journey on and off the pitch.

With Tony Bloom trying to do everything with a long term view so that we stay here.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
My first thought was a bit harsh for a red card too. Commentator (Neville) said the red maybe wasn't for the tackle but for the outcome, similar to Stephens at Middlesbrough a few years ago. Wish the Liverpool lad a quick recovery also.

Shame to see players get sent off for seriousness of injury rather than the tackle

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
We are slipping down the table on a daily basis. Simple reason we dont score enough goals.. What a player Mane is but he must have missed 5/6 good chances today. Get away with it when side created 10/15 good chances

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Block D of the NS’s holding up fine. I blame it on the Eaststanders.
Surely the more likely reason is the club making it more and more niggly (and expensive) for ticket holders to allow a friend or relative the pleasure of watching a match when they themselves are unable to attend?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Genuine question - can it be more than one friend/relative per season, do you know?
No idea - I'm an armchair fan these days, living too far away, so I haven't really followed the debate on here too closely. What bugs me though, is that I just do not see any reason why the club needs to have the name and address (and whatever other details) of every person in the ground - it's ridiculous. I've watched the Albion on numerous occasions - admittedly not since promotion to the PL - at clubs nearer to me, always just turning up on the day and asking politely at the ticket office if they've got a ticket they can sell me. Never been refused yet.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No idea - I'm an armchair fan these days, living too far away, so I haven't really followed the debate on here too closely. What bugs me though, is that I just do not see any reason why the club needs to have the name and address (and whatever other details) of every person in the ground - it's ridiculous. I've watched the Albion on numerous occasions - admittedly not since promotion to the PL - at clubs nearer to me, always just turning up on the day and asking politely at the ticket office if they've got a ticket they can sell me. Never been refused yet.

Liverpool FC have a new Family & Friends scheme. Pre season ONLY any season ticket holder can add up to 20 individuals, linking them to their online ST account. At no cost to anyone from what I can see.

The 20 do not need to be members, they simply need to have registered with the club online.

The STH can then transfer their seat to any of the 20 on a match by match basis.

With a bit of forward thinking by the STH, to me that solves many of the nsc complaints against the Albion’s new rules.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Shame to see players get sent off for seriousness of injury rather than the tackle

Nonsense, it was an appalling tackle.

Under Law 12 a sending off must be given for serious foul play. What bit of hooking a players leg in two from behind isn't serious foul play???

What's worse is Dallas then attempted a similar tackle on Mane and only got away with it because he didn't touch the player. Looks like "genius" Bielsa teaches them to do it.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
Liverpool FC have a new Family & Friends scheme. Pre season ONLY any season ticket holder can add up to 20 individuals, linking them to their online ST account. At no cost to anyone from what I can see.

The 20 do not need to be members, they simply need to have registered with the club online.

The STH can then transfer their seat to any of the 20 on a match by match basis.

With a bit of forward thinking by the STH, to me that solves many of the nsc complaints against the Albion’s new rules.

The last I heard (a couple of years ago or so) Liverpool were trying to work out why their season ticket holders had an average age of about 100. For some reason I'm a little dissapointed to learn that they're actually making any attempt to identify the people entering the ground now.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

They don’t. They are happy to flog ST Guest tickets without knowing who is coming into the ground with them.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
They don’t. They are happy to flog ST Guest tickets without knowing who is coming into the ground with them.

which makes the current transfer process a nonsense. I am not using mine and at moment no one else is and they are in prime positions WSU , good height near the halfway line. Depending on how things progress with COVID I probably won't renew next season , IF i could easily hand it on I might . There are no winners in that situation. I suspect there are plenty of STHs in same position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here