Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Premier League 04/07 - 06/07

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Awful defending again!

Jamie Vardy scores his 100th Premier League goal with a tap in as Harvey Barnes pressures the Palace defence into an error to win the ball and square to the striker.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Should we get another Brentford striker ? Benrahma has a hat trick today...

That would be a wonderful signing as, aside from being bloody unstoppable, he’s very good friends with Maupay. I imagine they’ll be quite the bidding war for him though and if Brentford go up, they may even keep him.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Given up?
But I thought Europe was a possibility after their 4 wins in a row.

The Palace European football boasts are a treat - happens most seasons after a couple of turgid football wins. Never known a club or franchise with as much egg on their face as the Nigel’s

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Given up?
But I thought Europe was a possibility after their 4 wins in a row.

Imagine being paid £130,000 a week.
Being allowed to phone it in.

&

&

Still be hero worshipped.

Hats off to the fella for that.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I thought this was an interesting comment on VillaTalk, shortly after we more or less confirmed safety:

Brighton out of it. Been excellent many times I've seen them this season.

Credit to Potter. They play exactly how Smith wants you can tell. It's all short goal kicks, worked triangles, quick movement around the opposition box.

Sadly, a big advantage Potter has over Smith (as well as having many better players across the board obviously) is willingness to change formation. Has tried plenty of different shapes this season.

Great setup behind the scenes with Dan Ashworth. They've bought so many good young players and have plenty out on loan, it's the beginnings of a Chelsea style setup. They have two of the best young CBs in the Championship coming back to them this summer. So much quality throughout the club.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought this was an interesting comment on VillaTalk, shortly after we more or less confirmed safety:

He/she showing great knowledge of another team

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He/she showing great knowledge of another team
Agreed. What I found interesting was the willingness to tinker being considered a positive when a number of Albion fans I know think of it as a negative. I guess it depends how you tinker and Potter, especially since restart, has tinkered to good effect. OK, he got his first half set up all wrong against Man Utd but he came out and said so afterwards and a defeat at home to them in that form is forgivable.

Incidentally, I'm no great fan of Villa but their fans on that forum do generally come across very well as a knowledgeable bunch.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Agreed. What I found interesting was the willingness to tinker being considered a positive when a number of Albion fans I know think of it as a negative. I guess it depends how you tinker and Potter, especially since restart, has tinkered to good effect. OK, he got his first half set up all wrong against Man Utd but he came out and said so afterwards and a defeat at home to them in that form is forgivable.

Incidentally, I'm no great fan of Villa but their fans on that forum do generally come across very well as a knowledgeable bunch.

More positives about the Albion in that Villa observation than most of us can manage on a good day! :lolol:

We are in a good place. Halcyon days we probably don’t appreciate enough, and I include myself in that observation.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here