Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prem manager for Southampton?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Any manager that's not up his own arse and a general **** like AP, would do pretty well here. Brown could easily get us promoted.

With your squad and resources a trained chimpanzee should get you promoted. The problem you have is with lower primates like Cortese..............

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A lot of people are saying that whoever gets the job will have a mare working with NC.

You have to remember though that until AP fell out with NC (probably after trying it on with someones wife) AP was actually doing pretty well. Won a trophy and got on the brink of the play offs. Dont forget we started last season with NO team as well as the points deduction.

Any manager that's not up his own arse and not a general **** like AP, would do pretty well here. Brown could easily get us promoted.

Please don't start that SHIT again.

You had a perfectly competitive league one squad at the start of the season.

It is true that you did have to wait until your SECOND league game, for your million pound striker to arrive though.

[Incidentally does that mean that Lambert being injured for two games this year, will be the excuse for not going up THIS time?]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Loud, well there are all sorts of times, funny is better.. "Your pissed in the Brian Clough Stand" at Forest raised a laugh... r the Hovis advert tune at huddersfield really got on their nerves, which as a result was funny but the best "Peter Beales" to the west ham fans with peter beale like hats on at Upton Park in the 90s was just genius. it made em sit down and shut up, not the song itself more the 3000 or so Albion laughing at them afterwards.. lost 2-1 gatting 30 yard own goal - lobbed Kaga goo goo Keeley in our goal

I think you meant to post that here:
LOUDEST noise/singing at bha away Games - North Stand Chat

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Please don't start that SHIT again.

You had a perfectly competitive league one squad at the start of the season.

It is true that you did have to wait until your SECOND league game, for your million pound striker to arrive though.

[Incidentally does that mean that Lambert being injured for two games this year, will be the excuse for not going up THIS time?]

Oh right so you can chuck a £m striker into what was the youth team and expect the team to bang them in. AP had no pre season and no team at the start and still managed to get in the playoffs (without the points deduction). Anyway there isnt one Saints fan that questions his management ability, just his obvious knack to piss people off

Igor Gurinovich?

Mar 27, 2006
Southampton
Oh right so you can chuck a £m striker into what was the youth team and expect the team to bang them in. AP had no pre season and no team at the start and still managed to get in the playoffs (without the points deduction). Anyway there isnt one Saints fan that questions his management ability, just his obvious knack to piss people off

but still managed to make significant signings before the end of both transfer windows to the tune of nearly £3m..
Any manager afforded that level of spending at this level should be expected to do as well.

and thats not quite right, i know several who often questioned his ability.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyway there isnt one Saints fan that questions his management ability, just his obvious knack to piss people off

Look at my location.

I have many Saints supporting mates, and can tell you for a fact, that your statement is not true.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
Any half decent manager should get Southampton promoted.

Saw a quote on the Saints website from a friend of a friend of a friend of someone [one of those] who spoke to Poyet and apparently he said that he'd refuse his salary for the year if he couldn't get Saints promoted with the squad they've got

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
but still managed to make significant signings before the end of both transfer windows to the tune of nearly £3m..
Any manager afforded that level of spending at this level should be expected to do as well.

and thats not quite right, i know several who often questioned his ability.

there were a few jokers that wanted him out if we didnt win 4 nil. Few from the sane Saints fan base would question his overall record considering he had no pre season.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Oh right so you can chuck a £m striker into what was the youth team and expect the team to bang them in. AP had no pre season and no team at the start and still managed to get in the playoffs (without the points deduction).

Youth team? NO team?

Would you please quit this shit?

For the record, this was YOUR team on the opening day of last season [bolstered a week later by your million pound striker]:

Southampton
01 Davis - Highly rated keeper with Prem experience
02 Harding - needs no introduction
03 Thomas
05 Perry - vastly experienced CB with Prem experience
16 Murty - vastly experienced Premiership full back, often as captain
23 James
10 Wotton - vastly experienced 30-something Championship midfielder
19 Schneiderlin - highly rated French u-21 international
04 Saganowski - Polish international
17 Paterson
20 Lallana - highly rated, much coveted youngster

So the only [ex] 'youth teamers' were Wayne Thomas, Lloyd James and Paterson, and two of those were replaced days later by Lambert and Jaidi.

Basically you are talking out of your arse. Pardew failed.

jog on.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Youth team? NO team?

For the record, this was YOUR team on the opening day of last season [bolstered a week later by your million pound striker]:

Southampton
03 Thomas
23 James
17 Paterson

So the only [ex] 'youth teamers' were Wayne Thomas, Lloyd James and Paterson, and two of those were replaced days later by Lambert and Jaidi.

jog on.

Am I allowed to say? - Redneb, Owned.

Youth team? NO team?

Southampton
03 Thomas
23 James
17 Paterson

jog on.

:lolol:, To the point and correct, as usual.

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Youth team? NO team?

Southampton
03 Thomas
23 James
17 Paterson

jog on.

Well said :clap2:

Redneb - what a muppet you are! :blush:

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Youth team? NO team?

Southampton
03 Thomas
23 James
17 Paterson

jog on.

A different team I feel than what we ended with. Someone sitting next to me here tells me your a ginger which subtracts at least 50 per cent credibility from anything you say. You've failed.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A different team I feel than what we ended with. Someone sitting next to me here tells me your a ginger which subtracts at least 50 per cent credibility from anything you say. You've failed.

I'd clearly only NEED 50% capacity to put your in your place, as you are clearly a bit special.

Different team to what you 'ended up with'? What the HELL does that even mean? that IS your team from the first game [i.e. the one you referred to as 'the youth team'].

And we know its not the team you 'ended up with' - the expensive additions of Jaidi, Lambert, Hammond, Barnard, Puncheon, Fonte and Connolly saw to that. And STILL you failed.

Clearly, seeing as you grew up surrounded by THREE Albion supporting brothers, yet chose the allegiance that you did, you're just inherently contrary.

x

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'd clearly only NEED 50% capacity to put your in your place, as you are clearly a bit special.

Different team to what you 'ended up with'? What the HELL does that even mean? that IS your team from the first game [i.e. the one you referred to as 'the youth team'].

And we know its not the team you 'ended up with' - the expensive additions of Jaidi, Lambert, Hammond, Barnard, Puncheon, Fonte and Connolly saw to that. And STILL you failed.

Clearly, seeing as you grew up surrounded by THREE Albion supporting brothers, yet chose the allegiance that you did, you're just inherently contrary.

x

Some spectacular ownage there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here