Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prem manager for Southampton?

HG201

Proud Ruffian
Jul 16, 2008
Birmingham
This had probably already been mentioned, but to be honest i can't be bothered to read through 9 pages :laugh: i was in Southampton yesterday and the local paper said its looking like it will be Nigel Adkins, and apparently there is 80% chance of this happening, it also went on to say don't rule out Martin O'Neill

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
This had probably already been mentioned, but to be honest i can't be bothered to read through 9 pages :laugh: i was in Southampton yesterday and the local paper said its looking like it will be Nigel Adkins, and apparently there is 80% chance of this happening, it also went on to say don't rule out Martin O'Neill

I assume your talking about the Echo which:

1. Is not on good terms with SFC.
2. Changes the story every 5 mins on its website,
3. Knows nothing about whats going on.

I hear the chippies in Soton dont wrap their chips in it because it inexplicably turns all the chips to parsnips.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
heard on saturday from a club official down at blackfield and langley that it was hammonds missus he was having a go on

Actually that makes a lot of sense

......Dean, I'm going to make you club captain. No need to thank me, you've earned it. But, the job does come with responsibilities. Tomorrow, for instance, you need to do a tour round schools in Hampshire to promote the club. Leave straight after training and you should be back by about 7pm.

Right now, where's that phone number.......

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Bournemouth Manager turns Saints job offer down!

Eddie Howe has turned down the opportunity to manage Southampton, Bournemouth chairman Eddie Mitchell has revealed to Sky Sports News.

The Saints are in the market for a new manager after cutting ties with Alan Pardew at the end of August.

Scunthorpe boss Nigel Adkins has led the running for the vacant post, with talks having already been held with the Iron coach.

However, a compensation package has proved to be a sticking point and the St Mary's post remains up for grabs.

With that deal having stalled, Southamptonhave instead turned their attention to Howe,who has worked wonders at Bournemouthduring his two years at the helm.

He helped guide the club to promotion out of League Two last season, despite working under a transfer embargo.

Declined

His credentials were not lost on the Cherries' South Coast rivals, but Howe has opted against taking on a fresh challenge with the Saints.

Mitchell told Sky Sports News: "Southampton politely approached me and asked if they could speak to Eddie. I gave Eddie permission to speak to them and he went for an interview. This morning (Thursday) he was offered the job, which he declined.

"We are very pleased that Eddie has decided to stay at Bournemouth. Personally I am very pleased, and it's a great achievement for the club to hold on to such a good manager."

Mitchell is convinced that the matter can now be laid to rest, with it unlikely that Southampton will make a second approach for Howe.

"Eddie has made his mind up, he's staying with the club," he added.

"We're very pleased about that and whether they come back or not, I think Eddie is staying at Bournemouth."

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Is that kosher do you think or are Bournemouth trying to big themselves up a bit?

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Is that kosher do you think or are Bournemouth trying to big themselves up a bit?

Isn't the question more 'how low are the South Coast Club prepared to go and how cheap and tacky are they prepared to look'. They also had the B'muff chairman on SSN saying the same thing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here