Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Prejudice

politico

Fans First
Nov 19, 2010
Manchester-ish
ta

been asked already-any extra allocation after a deadline tonight would prove difficult to distribute-so tell us why no 15% -not rumours an actual, logical reason

Foster House

Aug 25, 2010
East Sussex
erm no. why would they bother? this is a pretty inconsequential match for us. sorry to shatter your dreams, but they'll be about 4,000 bored looking albion fans at the game wishing they were somewhere else. do you really think watching our lads play a selection of plumbers and cabbies is big draw for us. It isn't. The match will be terrible. We'll win 3.0 and the match will be instantly forgotten about.

Your arrogance is almost breathtaking. As an Albion fan of 35 years Im ashamed to see the above comment. If it was Manchester United and we were away you would be fumming if that type of comment was offered
Remember the rock from which you were hewn. I understand the frustrations of FCUM.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It's because our ground is crap and was never designed for football or the segregation that is required.

We could give you two or three thousand seats, because I don't think the match will get anywhere near a sell out for our fans (hence the tickets are only a tenner), but there are no separate entrances/exits for the areas they'd allocate. You'd end up with away fans at both ends of the pitch, which I suppose would be a nightmare for the club, stewards and police, logistically speaking.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
Totally agree with edna and Foster House. I think FCUM should have been given the same areas as Woking but assuming this was stopped on Police advice?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
By the way, I don't hate United any more than any other top level team really. They're just another giant commercial edifice, no different to Chelsea, Arsenal or whoever. They mean nothing to me either way: I am quite happy to admire them when they play great football or score great goals, and I (unlike a lot of fairly one-eyed individuals) accept that there are literally thousands of their fans who are lifelong supporters and from the greater Manchester area. Chelsea have plenty of fans in Surrey and Sussex but nobody seems to slate them for it. I dislike them when they whinge about refereeing decisions etc, but no more so than any other team. And I don't think they get a disproportionate amount of favourable decisions either: it's merely that (1) they tend to have the ball in key areas more than crap teams, therefore are likely to force mistakes from opponents/officials and (2) they are high profile so every decision they do get is reviewed to the nth degree, which wouldn't be the case if it was Blackpool for example.

So I'm kind of indifferent to them, and I think people who hate United for many of the reasons that usually crop up are simply a tad jealous. I always think it looks a bit small-time when you get fans of clubs outside the Premier League banging on about how much they hate United, when they have absolutely no history of rivalry or grief.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Jealous of Man U? Bollocks.

If I was jealous I'd go down one of the chav sports shops, buy some Man U tat, wear it down the pub and pretend to be a Man U fan. My hatred of them is well documented but they more than any other club have been at the vanguard of destroying English football from within as they chase the megabucks. So you're indifferent to them. That's nice. I'm not, so please cease the patronising tones and recognise that some people genuinely have reasons to dislike them.

If you're still struggling to grasp it then may I point out that I don't share your intense dislike for Arsene Wenger but I don't go around belittling your opinions on him.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
By the way, I don't hate United any more than any other top level team really. They're just another giant commercial edifice, no different to Chelsea, Arsenal or whoever. They mean nothing to me either way: I am quite happy to admire them when they play great football or score great goals, and I (unlike a lot of fairly one-eyed individuals) accept that there are literally thousands of their fans who are lifelong supporters and from the greater Manchester area. Chelsea have plenty of fans in Surrey and Sussex but nobody seems to slate them for it. I dislike them when they whinge about refereeing decisions etc, but no more so than any other team. And I don't think they get a disproportionate amount of favourable decisions either: it's merely that (1) they tend to have the ball in key areas more than crap teams, therefore are likely to force mistakes from opponents/officials and (2) they are high profile so every decision they do get is reviewed to the nth degree, which wouldn't be the case if it was Blackpool for example.

So I'm kind of indifferent to them, and I think people who hate United for many of the reasons that usually crop up are simply a tad jealous. I always think it looks a bit small-time when you get fans of clubs outside the Premier League banging on about how much they hate United, when they have absolutely no history of rivalry or grief.

Edna, I think you are one of the best posters on here but on this one occasion I have to ask you to remind me of your views on Liverpool?! :wink:

Calendar

Nov 20, 2010
Mate why are you trying so hard to have a normal conversation with this tin pot bunch? To say I'm staggered by their attitude to you and all the other United posters is a massive understatement. The funniest thing for me is the way they keepp dismissing FCUM as insignificant and tiny and the "you're nothing to us" attitude but yet they feel that they have some kind of distant rivalry with United!!
Pity they couldn't sell more than about 15000 tickets for wembley what with being such a big club and everything. This is also the team that averaged 2,300 as recently as 1998, not many more than what FCUM get yet they seem to think they're a massive outfit with 'real' fans, not so real in 1998 eh fellas?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Real fans? Excuse me whilst I piss myself laughing that a bunch of mancs who have ditched their club lectures us on what a real fan is.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I thought we already had a thread on this? Why the new one?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Mate why are you trying so hard to have a normal conversation with this tin pot bunch? To say I'm staggered by their attitude to you and all the other United posters is a massive understatement. The funniest thing for me is the way they keepp dismissing FCUM as insignificant and tiny and the "you're nothing to us" attitude but yet they feel that they have some kind of distant rivalry with United!!
Pity they couldn't sell more than about 15000 tickets for wembley what with being such a big club and everything. This is also the team that averaged 2,300 as recently as 1998, not many more than what FCUM get yet they seem to think they're a massive outfit with 'real' fans, not so real in 1998 eh fellas?

Spoken like a true arrogant Manchester United fan

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Have you even the faintest idea why we averaged 2,300 in 1998? I thought it was less tbh

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008

Anyone be bothered to give this goon a history lesson?

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
what a f***ing binfest.........not sure about the numbers but can't remember a crowd over 7,800 at withdean 15% of that is 1150 ish off the top of my head so you lot have got your whippets in a lather about 250 tickets...........it has been widely discussed that this game will probably not sell out , believe me kidder , i doubt this decision was made wholly by BHA FC more likely with a bit of meddling from the RSC and the GMC......these decisions aren't made by the clubs any more , so have a pint of tetle:bigwave:ys and chill the f*** out.....x

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea

15,000 at Wembley. That's a good one! And if this preposterous fantasy were true, the fact we outsung ... er ... 80,000 mouthy ManUre mancs would be just a little bit embarrassing, now wouldn't it?

The average away attendance is effectively an average away attendance EVERY home game. More than 100 miles round trip to Priestfield in the opposite end of another county.

Actually I'd say that is f***ing impressive!

And you wonder why we all hate ManUre, Edna?

Oh, and what makes you think we consider your mother club rivals? We don't. Just most of us find your (original) club and fans vile.

Calendar

Nov 20, 2010
15,000 at Wembley. That's a good one! And if this preposterous fantasy were true, the fact we outsung ... er ... 80,000 mouthy ManUre mancs would be just a little bit embarrassing, now wouldn't it?

The average away attendance is effectively an average away attendance EVERY home game. More than 100 miles round trip to Priestfield in the opposite end of another county.

Actually I'd say that is f***ing impressive!

And you wonder why we all hate ManUre, Edna?

Oh, and what makes you think we consider your mother club rivals? We don't. Just most of us find your (original) club and fans vile.

I don't wonder why you hate us at all, I really couldn't give a f***, you're like tin pot fans all over the country that want to have a dig at the biggest team in the country but when your own club are put under scrutiny you fall way way short of what is required.

Funny you think you outsung United, I don't even think you outsung the United in your end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here