Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pregnant women

Robbo

Simster said:
Robbo, in 10 years time, when your Mrs of the day is grumbling and whinging and 6 months into it, I'll BET *you* will be an absolute crawly bumlick whenever she's around and finding it tough.

:lolol: :lolol:

Of course i'll be there for her! That is not the point i was making. I think people need to read the thread again.

They no understandy!

Oh, for god sake use some original language and don't copy what you see in every other thread :lolol:

Given your desperate need to share your feelings of inadequacy with us about a pregnant colleague, I've no doubt you're the type who'll be blubbing your eyes out as soon as you have a kid and will be the biggest pain in the ARSE to everyone around you.

Last edited:

Robbo

London Irish said:
Oh, for god sake use some original language and don't copy what you see in every other thread :lolol:

Given your desperate need to share your feelings of inadequacy with us about a pregnant colleague, I've no doubt you're the type who'll be blubbing your eyes out as soon as you have a kid and will be the biggest pain in the ARSE to everyone around you.

Who said i was inadequate? You really have missed the point.

And i don't think i'll be a pain in the arse to everyone around me when i have a kid because i know that some people just don't wanna hear about it.

Yeah, people like me.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
In my experience (mother of 2, Wicked Stepmother of 3) it's the very competitiveness and raising of the whole childbearing business to an almost mystical level that gets to me. I still can't make any sense of these scan photographs (in my day you only got a scan after they'd scared you shitless by suggesting you were having twins) and while wishing anyone the very best wishes with their pregnancy, I don't want to share it in forensic detail. In the same way, however, as I don't want to hear the forensic details of anyone's ingrowing toenails. Of course someone wants to talk about their pregnancy and of course they should be treated thoughtfully at work when pregnant but it's best to find a sympathetic and appropriate audience.

I wasn't very good at the "show and tell" stuff and I remember when a mate and I offered our excuses and made a bolt for the pub when the district nurse at our ante-natal class invited us to role-play an "empathetic labour". This was some months before the event was due and it was quite enough, we thought, to go through what still seemed an anatomical impossibility, when the time came without making a hypothetical meal of it sat on the floor at the Cliffe Church Hall!

In explicit matters maternal, less can often be more! Than enough, that is!

Last edited:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Pregnant women should take a leaf out of Liz McGolgans book.
She was heavily pregnant and managed to run the New York marathon!!!!

Robbo, so you really can't see the irony of DRONING ON AND ON AND ON about how pregnant people bore you?

Sadly, I'm impelled to look for psychological flaws in your character. Inadequacy is a fairly good preliminary diagnosis given all I have to go on is your mysogenistic ramblings.

When you go back to work, be nice to that poor young girl, complement her on how well pregnancy suits her, organise a best wishes card among your fellow sulky Kevin the Teenager workmates, all that kind of shit.

Above all, try and make sure you control your mood swings and avoid any kind of extreme anti-social behaviour that may lead to your colleague having an early miscarriage.

Robbo

London Irish said:
Robbo, so you really can't see the irony of DRONING ON AND ON AND ON about how pregnant people bore you?

Sadly, I'm impelled to look for psychological flaws in your character. Inadequacy is a fairly good preliminary diagnosis given all I have to go on is your mysogenistic ramblings.

Ok enough is enough. I'm cleary inadequate, i suffer form Kevin the teenager mood swings, and i'm basically a ****!

Happy now?

Next time i need a psychological appraisal, i'll PM you because you obviously get paid an awful lot of money to analise people on internet message boards.

:tosser:

Last edited:

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: Don't get too downhearted Kevin, just pulling your leg.

My great discovery last year was that Mother Nature is very cruel to pregant women and they don't really need spotty youths putting the boot in too.

My girlfriend has a very untroubled pregnancy but the PAIN of the delivery was just something unbelievable.

It's an old cliche, but if men had to give birth there would be national holidays devoted to it and messageboards a bit like this one devoted to discussing the size of placentas.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
London Irish said:
[B messageboards a bit like this one devoted to discussing the size of placentas. [/B]

There are. :lolol:

National Childbirth Trust have them. My third grandchild is on the way (due in June) & my daughter uses those messageboards

Max's Dad

Jan 2, 2004
Eastbourne
It may be of interest to some users of this messageboard to know that real-life women (as opposed to the pouting clones with their tits out who make guest appearances on this messageboard) have babies and have a pretty grotty time of things while they propogate the human race.

Guess what -- they might want to talk about it at work. Just like football fans do the Monday after a game.

Robbo

Originally posted by Max's Dad Guess what -- they might want to talk about it at work. Just like football fans do the Monday after a game.

Sure, but if we talk about footy at work, we get told to shut up about it coz its boring. If i was to say that to this girl about being pregnant, how do you think that would go down?

Not to well i should think!

And i do realise what grotty times women have, and no, i wouldn't wanna swap places.

It seems to me that many people have missed my original point. Maybe they should read the whole thread, and not just the title and last page.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Great post Robbo just pray she doesn't choose to return to work after giving birth or prepare yourself for:

arriving late because: I had to take the baby to..., baby was sick, etc, etc.
eating breakfast at work
daily baby pictures/updates
baby discussion club next to your desk
long lunch breaks
mum constantly telling you she comes to work for a rest
mum is "so tired" and "I haven't slept for 3 weeks"
mum constantly telling you that she would be bored to tears at home all day
mum constantly telling you that she'd rather be at home with the baby
mum complaining that "he"/"his mother" does nothing
telephone calls to nursery, parents followed by chats with the baby
social arrangements conducted for first two hours at work
calls to hubby saying baby is still ok
calls from hubby asking if baby is still ok
calls from nursery saying baby is sick please collect
baby smells following mother to work
bosses afraid to discipline mother for fear of being accused of sexual discrimination
mum complaining at the cost of childcare and "this government/ firm does nothing for mothers"

not all mums I hasten to add

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Major generalisations on this thread.

I would have been happy to talk about football and babies at work and frequently did.

Robbo

timbha said:
Great post Robbo just pray she doesn't choose to return to work after giving birth or prepare yourself for:

arriving late because: I had to take the baby to..., baby was sick, etc, etc.
eating breakfast at work
daily baby pictures/updates
baby discussion club next to your desk
long lunch breaks
mum constantly telling you she comes to work for a rest
mum is "so tired" and "I haven't slept for 3 weeks"
mum constantly telling you that she would be bored to tears at home all day
mum constantly telling you that she'd rather be at home with the baby
mum complaining that "he"/"his mother" does nothing
telephone calls to nursery, parents followed by chats with the baby
social arrangements conducted for first two hours at work
calls to hubby saying baby is still ok
calls from hubby asking if baby is still ok
calls from nursery saying baby is sick please collect
baby smells following mother to work
bosses afraid to discipline mother for fear of being accused of sexual discrimination
mum complaining at the cost of childcare and "this government/ firm does nothing for mothers"

not all mums I hasten to add

I look forward to all that!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
So what's people's opinions on breast feeding?

A woman I had spoken to on the phone came into my office to talk about selling her house. Nwver met her before, but spoken a couple of times. 5 minutes in and she's feeding the kid. I fully understand the score with feeding kids but I thought it was rude of her not to even ask if I minded. I didnt want to look at what she was doing but it was hard to carry on talking and concertrating whilst she was feeding.

So is it ok to do it anywhere and if so should the mother be polite and ask first?

Robbo

Gary Nelson said:
So is it ok to do it anywhere and if so should the mother be polite and ask first?

It would have been polite to ask first. She obviuosly felt that you either:

1. Wouldn't mind

or

2. Wouldn't care if you were uncomfortable with it coz she'e the one that matters! (and her nipper of course)

Would you have minded if she had asked?

Gary Nelson

Jul 25, 2003
Hove
Had she asked then I think out of respect I would have had said fine. However the fact that she didnt I thoguht was a bit rude.

But then I might just be a prude.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
nevershagged a pregnant bird,you havent lived,they are sooooooooooo horney

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
What annoys me is the Mums that decide because they have a kid they are entitled to three times as much sick leave as everyone else!

Little Jonny is sick so I can't come in...
I'm sick so I can't come in...

I suggest you make the time up at the weeken when you're partener isn't in "an all day meeting" and can look after your sprog for you!

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
Gary Nelson said:
So what's people's opinions on breast feeding?

A woman I had spoken to on the phone came into my office to talk about selling her house. Nwver met her before, but spoken a couple of times. 5 minutes in and she's feeding the kid. I fully understand the score with feeding kids but I thought it was rude of her not to even ask if I minded. I didnt want to look at what she was doing but it was hard to carry on talking and concertrating whilst she was feeding.

One of the most natural things in the world and at the end of the day its the child that benefits the most - though I can fully understand that some people would feel uncomfortable with it. If the mother is reasonably discreet whats the problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here