Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre season Mojo

Where is your current Albion mojo

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
My biggest worry that we're preparing for pre season without a fair few of our first team squad around (or not yet signed) which means we won't hit the ground running, I know most teams have had to deal with similar issues but with a new manager and tactics I fell it will have a fairly negative impact.

Verbruggen, Dunk, Estupiñan, João Pedro, March, Enciso and Ferguson.

That's important 7 first team regulars not partaking in full training.
That clearly has to be a major concern. Without all of those, we're just chucking out a Fantasy Football starting eleven and hoping for the best. Find out soon enough how well that goes eh?

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Gonna go 7. Expecting we will have to put score quite a few teams as without any defensive reinforcements I can’t see many clean sheets. But 7/10 as it should be fun seeing plenty of goals

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
5 for me. Managers a gamble but early signs from friendly’s are promising enough. Looks like we’ve done well strengthening in attack but have stood still or gone backwards in other areas.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
7 . There are so many unknowns especially the manager . Tony has splashed the cash as he recognised that it was needed after the second half of last season .We do seemed to have signed some good players but haven’t seen them against competitive opposition.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My biggest worry that we're preparing for pre season without a fair few of our first team squad around (or not yet signed) which means we won't hit the ground running, I know most teams have had to deal with similar issues but with a new manager and tactics I fell it will have a fairly negative impact.

Verbruggen, Dunk, Estupiñan, João Pedro, March, Enciso and Ferguson.

That's important 7 first team regulars not partaking in full training.
March and Estupinan aside. 5 of them are either in full training now or will be in a week or so.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Its likely for Everton the team will be

Steele
Veltman Dunk JPVH Barco
Baleba Wieffer
Minteh Enciso/Pedro Mitoma
Welbeck

with a bench looking like Hinshelwood, Adingra, Webster, Sarmiento, Ayari, ACD, Igor, Milner, Rushworth

with possibly 2-3 more signings to come.

The idea that its going to be some random 11 doesn't hold up.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
Was going for 7 but then changed to a 6.
Concerned about the size of the squad, a number of players don't seem to fit FH new system and are being shipped out, going to take a while to gel i think and a pretty tough August to start.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I am really concerned about our defence at the moment, most of the Premier teams will have a field day ,
QPR created some good chances, in Japan we so open for the counter attack,
as far as I can see we are so lacking in pace at the back , and physicality, teams will either beat as for pace or just brute force
QPR created one good chance all game and Steele didn't have to make a save. The chance in the first half was yards offside - good defending.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
My FOOTBALL mojo is massive. Can't wait for the new season. Beers in the pub and a sing song in the North on Saturday and a nice, messy 3pm Sat long distance away day to kick us off. Not to mention the chance to look at the competition for the first time and weigh up where we are relatively.

My Albion mojo isn't great if I'm honest. Gross is probably my favourite player ever and I don't think Dunk will be anywhere near at the races for Everton. We still seem to have a very light midfield and could use a right back. FH could be the greatest ever or equally the next Hyppia. There's no way you can tell from three friendlies but James Milner's walking football and Baleba at LWB isn't really doing it for me.

On the other hand we seem to have signed some pace at last and the pressing at QPR was very good.

I'll have a quietly optimistic 6 right now. Was hoping for a 10 but have seen nothing that suggests this season will be better than 2022/3.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley

Gross will be a big loss, There's nobody in the squad at his level yet.. I've been impressed with our spending spree and the quality we have brought in.

This team has plenty of pace and looks exciting. We should create many chances from the wide areas. Defence doesn't concern me when we have a fully fit squad only the style we play.

My score of 6 is for the manager. I'm just not convinced yet. De Zerbi had that authority about him. Dressed smartly, no baseball cap, Italian passion and good coaching staff around him.

Big big gamble from Bloom but he normally comes up trumps more often than not.

boik

Im going for 8. Think the season will start shakily and then flourish.

I like Bart in goal. I like barco/pervis at LB and possibly JH on the right.

Dunk and JP are great and Webby seems up for it.

Carlos is going to ahve his breakout season and I think Weiffer will be the missing piece.

Wings are stronger than ever, and Julio could start touching Ale Macs levels.

Up front we have JP and Welbz, and Fergie is hopefully going to be fully fit.

What's not to like?

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
5 for me. We just look a long way away from having a strong PL midfield right now and without it a good chance we get badly over run. Might even consider a relegation insurance bet, 20-1 is well worth £30.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
What's not to like?
The picture if we get injuries again. "Webby" being up for it isn't going to suddenly teach him how to pass under pressure. He's simply not a good or consistent enough passer for possession football. Pervis will be out a while. With Barco injured on Saturday it was a choice at LB between Igor, who we know can't do it, and Baleba whose second touch is a tackle. If you're wrong about Weiffer, or he gets injured, then you have to play Baleba there instead or *shudder* Milner. Anyone know where Lamptey is? If he's out again then you're relying on Hinshelwood for an up and down right back, removing him as a midfield option.

There is, to be fair, lots of choice in the attacking positions and that's something to be genuinely excited about, but I did say that last season too. Lose Enciso, Mitoma and one of Minteh or C-D for a long time again and the others aren't going to carry a season.

In short, we have a very exciting looking starting XI but in terms of depth it seems to be all numbers and no quality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here