Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Pre Season Friendly vs West Brom @ Amex - Saturday 5th September, ***2pm***

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
This was a good game for Connolly. It showed what he provides in the way of energy and nuisance value. I doubt if any West Brom defenders broke sweat all afternoon.

And I have to agree about Mac Allister. I keep waiting for him to produce something, but he seems to have an almost Forster-Caskeyesque ability to hit the ball at opponents.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
A lot like Donald Trumps marriage; lots of possession but very little penetration.

It could be said that we need a Striker?

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
No threat down the left

Need another striker who is an outlet

It’s really that simple

I thought Biss, March, Webster and dunk had good games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Solly and Biss impressive, but I just cannot see what MacAllister offers.

Its taken Biss over a season to get to where it is now, Mac A has already said the PL is much faster than in Argentina and he had about 20 minutes before lockdown and only a few games since.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
If you nodded off during the game, or turned off to do something else, well done, you missed no action, as we never looked like scoring.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
This was a good game for Connolly. It showed what he provides in the way of energy and nuisance value. I doubt if any West Brom defenders broke sweat all afternoon.

And I have to agree about Mac Allister. I keep waiting for him to produce something, but he seems to have an almost Forster-Caskeyesque ability to hit the ball at opponents.

Yeah, big season for Connolly, definitely more of a nuisance than Maupay.
I wonder if Mac needs a loan.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
No threat down the left

Need another striker who is an outlet

It’s really that simple

I thought Biss, March, Webster and dunk had good games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You realise we have a bloke called Trossard who normally plays on the left? Think he’s quite good.. And a young Irish chap who often plays as second striker, he’s a pretty good outlet...

I don’t disagree we need additional forwards, but we had key players out today.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
For all those desperate for more, you can 'Relive the action' on the Argus website now!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You realise we have a bloke called Trossard who normally plays on the left? And a young Irish chap who often plays as second striker.

I don’t disagree we need additional forwards, but we had key players out ffs.

Agree with that wholeheartedly although we are still one or two short - but the midfield looked bereft of ideas until Gross came on and there’s only Propper to replace most of what we saw today. March better on the right doesn’t help any with Veltman and Lamptey returning. Bissouma at least - and Alzate if we play him centrally might get to grips with games.
How many times did Stevens give it he ball away? He’s a solid player but he will cost us goals again this season

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here