Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre-poured beers

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Was having this discussion with some other fans in the beer queue on the concourse last night - why don't the bar staff pre-pour beers, like they do at other events, so all they have to do is hand them over?

Just need to make a start before the bars open. Could also just have one bar person continually pouring while the others serve the customers. Seems a simple solution to speeding up the queues.

My Name Is Gully

May 9, 2008
Dorset
I have to say my experience thus far in the East is only of a pre-poured pint, I have not had one yet poured straight from the pump. I do get there early so maybe the pre-poured have gone and then the wait starts whilst more are poured on demand .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
They do. But with only two pumps (or two people pouring) and 6-8 tills/serving points at each counter, with people sometimes ordering more than one drink, it's inevitable that the pre-poured pints will go quickly, especially when you consider the counter space they have, which limits how many pints they can pre-pour.

Not to mention some people complain about having pre-poured pints.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
was about to say they do pre pour, but the demand seems to out number the supply, the country which they put them on does that not look that big, and also we sell a number of different beers so they have to pour a set amount of each out i would imagine.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If the beer is as flat as this week, no thanks.

Not that I'm fan of nasty lager for the masses, but that's all there was !

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
They do. But with only two pumps (or two people pouring) and 6-8 tills/serving points at each counter, with people sometimes ordering more than one drink, it's inevitable that the pre-poured pints will go quickly, especially when you consider the counter space they have, which limits how many pints they can pre-pour.

Not to mention some people complain about having pre-poured pints.

WTF? If they've been poured pre-kick off and sold at half time that's worth a moan but otherwise they have nothing to moan about.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I think they need to hire a productivity expert who can give them some advice on how to speed things up.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
At McDonalds, we have designated "backers" who don't get put on tills, and during peak hours at very busy stores, every till will have at least 1 backer, sometimes 3 backers between two tills. All they do is get drinks and food together. Maybe a few extra jobs could be created by employing people just to back, ensuring more people get served?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
At McDonalds, we have designated "backers" who don't get put on tills, and during peak hours at very busy stores, every till will have at least 1 backer, sometimes 3 backers between two tills. All they do is get drinks and food together. Maybe a few extra jobs could be created by employing people just to back, ensuring more people get served?
Yeah, you'd have thought it would be worth employing a 'pourer' for each bar - they would easily cover their costs by selling more beer!

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
they do,and i always take mine back,and ask for a fresh one,this isnt the way forward

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I always insist on a fresh poured one,..... bollocks to the queues, i want a decent pint.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Unless premium lager is served ice cold I find it undrinkable by the time I get to about my fifth pint of the day or evening so the pre-poured idea is crap, especially the prices you have to pay. I downed a warm pint of Stella in one go when I was younger and promptly threw up on the pub floor. :(

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
What utter rubbish, of course they have to pre-pour to stand any chance of coping with demand. However, v Leeds, there were obviously insufficent staff for whatever reason. I queued at the furthest north extremity of WSU 'Refreshment kiosk' and the poor guy who served me had to walk to the far end (south) of the said kiosk, round the back and up to the north end, pour required drinks and then return via same route etc.

Re-arrange these words into a well known phrase or saying, 'piss up', 'couldn't', 'a', 'arrange', 'brewery' etc.

Some said it might get better after students were around to pick up some 'seasonal' work so let's see if it gets better, ha ha

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here