Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre-poured beers

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Unless premium lager is served ice cold I find it undrinkable by the time I get to about my fifth pint of the day or evening so the pre-poured idea is crap

i assume you missed " " around premium, if you have decent lager you wouldnt need to have it ice cold. i dont think they should be catering to the 5 pint session drinker eitherway :)

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Don't think I've ever been there early enough to witness pre-poured beers, but I'm glad they're trying!

D

Deleted User X18H

They obviously pre pour pre ordered half time drinks in the 1901 Club. Works very well.

oxymoron

NSC Patron
Feb 25, 2011
Oh are you in the 1901 club??

You should have mentioned it!
I think the service has improved week by week, at half time against leeds i found they had refreshed my ice bucket,relaid my table and laid out my pies in a particularly
pleasing manner, stop whinging spend the money get the service, simple.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
What utter rubbish, of course they have to pre-pour to stand any chance of coping with demand. However, v Leeds, there were obviously insufficent staff for whatever reason. I queued at the furthest north extremity of WSU 'Refreshment kiosk' and the poor guy who served me had to walk to the far end (south) of the said kiosk, round the back and up to the north end, pour required drinks and then return via same route etc.

Re-arrange these words into a well known phrase or saying, 'piss up', 'couldn't', 'a', 'arrange', 'brewery' etc.

Some said it might get better after students were around to pick up some 'seasonal' work so let's see if it gets better, ha ha

To be fair, getting down from North of the Balcombe tunnel would have hit younger/not driving staff who relied on trains. Especially those who work daytime jobs or have college.

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
i assume you missed " " around premium, if you have decent lager you wouldnt need to have it ice cold. i dont think they should be catering to the 5 pint session drinker eitherway :)

God only know what time one would need to arrive to make 5 visits to the bars WSL. On a positive though the Harveys kiosks are at times OK. We saw in the past two staff on each kiosk, this has disappeared in recent games.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Was having this discussion with some other fans in the beer queue on the concourse last night - why don't the bar staff pre-pour beers, like they do at other events, so all they have to do is hand them over?

Just need to make a start before the bars open. Could also just have one bar person continually pouring while the others serve the customers. Seems a simple solution to speeding up the queues.

They do in WSU, but it doesn't help when the serving staff are well-intentioned but just so slow for the most easy of transactions ... at every game.
Are Azure aware???

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I think the service has improved week by week, at half time against leeds i found they had refreshed my ice bucket,relaid my table and laid out my pies in a particularly
pleasing manner, stop whinging spend the money get the service, simple.

And stripped your bank account for the next 5 years. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here