Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pray For baby Kaleb

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Sorry to ask the question (but you raised the subject), but did your prayers have any effect?

From the tone of your post I would guess not. Exactly my point.

Have you sat with someone as they died? Have you felt anguish or have you felt peace?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Have you sat with someone as they died? Have you felt anguish or have you felt peace?

Yorkie - even I, as a non-believer (unless there are bullets and bombs flying around, in which case God is certainly being called to be on my side!), would not waste time on this argument. Check out his previous posts - they revolve around his innate pride at being:

a non-believer
a grammatical crusader
a little bit of a racist
a train spotter

Apart from the fact that he has chosen an inappropriate thread to pontificate on, you would stand more chance of persuading the pope to kiss the arse of the bears that shit in the woods.

If people want to pray because it gives them strength, then good luck to them.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I realised that. I wasn't going to argue with him but just asked questions. Thankfully it appeared he didn't want to answer.

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
Sorry to ask the question (but you raised the subject), but did your prayers have any effect?

You sir are a ********** of the highest order, Just because you believe the power of prayer is useless don't go spouting stuff all over everyones threads about it. Who is to say that Anastasia did not live a few weeks longer because of the power of prayer? There is no proof either way but if prayer helps people than that itself is a blessing.

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses

That is bang out of order and deserves an apology. How dare you post something like that. I don't know how old you are but you are certainly acting like a pathetic little child. Grow up.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Actually I have. I felt neither, just a great sadness. And I had no thought of reverting to prayer at any time.

Regarding your later post, the reason I didn't respond earlier is that I tend not to sit in front of my computer all day. I have a life.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
That is bang out of order and deserves an apology. How dare you post something like that. I don't know how old you are but you are certainly acting like a pathetic little child. Grow up.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

It's called free speech.

Apologies if it's not permitted on here.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
It's called free speech.

Don't be naive. The thread title clearly mentions praying for someone, so why, as someone who is so against praying, did you feel the need to do the virtual equivalent of wandering in to a funeral and getting your cock out?

As for getting a life, I would argue that train spotting or wandering around the hillocks of Sussex in shorts and hiking boots is questionably "a life" - but whether prostituting yourself by making ingratiating small talk to corporations is a life, I remain to be convinced.

You came on here with one intention (as you seem to do on other threads, judging by your history) - if you don't like the thread title, then find one you do like. I am sure that the mods can start one for you.

You have a history of suggesting that people who die of cancer "bring it on themselves" and that Sally Clark, who committed suicide after having her child-murdering sentence completely quashed, had "something to hide".

Perhaps you could enlighten us with such insightful cobblers as "Beckham is past it and should not return to the England line up" or "all the black people who live off the state and reside in slums". Does your job as a corporate hospitality host mean that you have to stand around and bore people with your comments? Do you mention to them that people who go on holiday to Dubai are "really stupid" - or would your employers rather you kept that narrow minded view to yourself as well?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004

Yes. More effect than you could ever begin to realise.

But what practical thing could I have been doing instead?

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's called free speech.

Of course "free speech" is permitted on here, but some of us would appreciate a modicum of descency, and respect. Your post demonstrated neither.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
Of anguish or peace, I recall sitting next to my mother's (not tremendously lamented) partner while he died. Awkward to the very end, there were several false starts involved. But the experience seemed, oddly bereft of any tremendous emotion. Just of conclusion.

But when it comes to praying, it strikes me that it is not for those us who don't pray to start lecturing those who do find comfort in prayers.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Regarding your later post, the reason I didn't respond earlier is that I tend not to sit in front of my computer all day. I have a life.

You were online for a good half an hour after my post.

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis

A pedant writes....

Never assume that anyone is actually paying attention to a forum - or even their computer - regardless of what their status is shown as.

If my computer is on, I'll have Firefox running. NSC will have launched itself as my home page but I may not pay it attention for hours at a time despite the fact that I am shown as "online". That's because I am taking advantage of that thing called "Windows" - in the context of "you can open more than one of them at a time and do all sorts of other things as well as browsing one website" rather than the product of Mr Gates, I hasten to add!

Thus I can be here, there, everywhere and nowhere. And the only person who can confirm my whereabouts with any certainty is me. Of this I know. But nobody else does!

Shegull

Jul 7, 2003
On a Bed of Roses
A pedant writes....

Never assume that anyone is actually paying attention to a forum - or even their computer - regardless of what their status is shown as.

If my computer is on, I'll have Firefox running. NSC will have launched itself as my home page but I may not pay it attention for hours at a time despite the fact that I am shown as "online". That's because I am taking advantage of that thing called "Windows" - in the context of "you can open more than one of them at a time and do all sorts of other things as well as browsing one website" rather than the product of Mr Gates, I hasten to add!

Thus I can be here, there, everywhere and nowhere. And the only person who can confirm my whereabouts with any certainty is me. Of this I know. But nobody else does!

That almost sounds as confusing as as Meade's Ball's posts :D:D:D

Hey where are all the laughing smilies gone

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003

Wow! Big brother IS watching. Scary!!

I may well have been online, but I'm afraid I don't sit waiting for someone to reply to one of my posts. Usually don't even bother to check until the next time I'm online. Is that permitted?

If it's OK with you I'm going offline now. I'm sure you'll be interested (as one of the other posters on this thread is) that I'm going walking today with a bunch of mates. Twelve miles in the rain including a good pub lunch. And no train spotting .... mind you we end up at Tenterden which is the terminus of the Kent and East Susex Railway, so who knows ...

B.M.F

Aug 2, 2003
wherever the money is
This update was sent to me by Kalebs Mum. I will keep everyone posted on here when I can.

Kaleb is making progress!

Friday night a Native American Christian Pastor came up to the room and played the wooden flute for Kaleb... It was absolutely beautiful. Kaleb loved it, he responed so much. He was moing his whole body and opening his eyes. It was wonderful to see such a positive response out of him. So he will be coming back once a week and I am looking forward to this.

Early Saturday AM Kaleb had a couple spells of tachycardia (high heart rate) and problems maintaining his tempeture. They've taken the air blower off of him and have replaced it with a heating Pad that is underneath a buch of sheets on his bed. He had periods where he was awake on Saturday. I worked him out and he tried to fight me so that is a good thing. Him showing resistence shows that he is thinking. We talked to the doctors and hopefully he will be making some progress.

The menengitis is pretty much gone. They are giving him one more treatment and then they are going to clamp the drain. They will moniter his Cerebral Spinal Fluid for about a week to see if anything grows. They are also going to moniter it there is pressure build up in his head. If there is, they will proceed and put a permenate shunt in (a INTERNAL drain that will drain excess CSF into his stomach). We will also get the results of the pH study they did. This will determine if they are going to do that surgery on his stomach... If they don't they still are going to put a G tube in sometime this week. So there is LOTS and LOTS going on. Kaleb will be a busy boy this week!

I had the plessure of meeting quite a few bikers from a bike club this weekend. They were awesome. I wanted to say a special thank you to them for driving all the way from the east coast and especially to "Aunt Teresa". I look forward to seeing you again when Kaleb is out of the hospital.

God shows his presence EVERY DAY no matter how much EVIL I am surrounded by. If I stand strong in my faith,he will guide me. Amy & Carrington Donahue wrote a bible verse in a card for me. It was so funny how I am led to read certain things that apply SO much in the following day. "Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him." James 1:12 Spiritual Warfare exists and I am seeing it. This will not make my faith go astray because I know God knows my heart and he will give us a miracle. MY FAITH GETS STRONGER DAY BY DAY. NOTHING WILL MAKE IT WAIVER.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Wow! Big brother IS watching. Scary!!

I may well have been online, but I'm afraid I don't sit waiting for someone to reply to one of my posts. Usually don't even bother to check until the next time I'm online. Is that permitted?

If it's OK with you I'm going offline now. I'm sure you'll be interested (as one of the other posters on this thread is) that I'm going walking today with a bunch of mates. Twelve miles in the rain including a good pub lunch. And no train spotting .... mind you we end up at Tenterden which is the terminus of the Kent and East Susex Railway, so who knows ...

Hmm. Not particularly bothered what you do to pass your spare time, but what I find unbelievable is that you have twelve mates! If you had claimed to have "a couple" then I would have been more inclined to pass that off as being possibly true - but twelve? That's just a random figure plucked out of midair.

Now, if I could really be so inclined I could probably destroy your opening statement by listing posts, threads and times to show that you do, in fact, sit on threads in which you are interested waiting for the opportunity to make a response. In fact, if you were not interested in this thread, you would not have come back on here to check the responses to you original statement, therefore you are obviously interested to see how your comment has annoyed and upset people.

I still do not understand why you came into a post which mentioned praying, when your history shows that you do not understand or believe in praying, to make a comment. As I said, it's akin to walking into a wedding party uninvited and getting your cock out. No-one needs you, no-one invited you, and you really bring very little to the occasion of any relevance or interest apart from your own self-importance.

And I am an atheist (life-threatening situations excluding!), but would never disparage how other people find comfort.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Thanks BMF and it's good to see progress.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
:thumbsup: BMF, thanks for the update. That all sounds rather more encouraging.

I may have missed it along the way, but what has happened to the babysitter?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here