Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyets after match comments.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
He sounded like he'd had enough. Completely realizes that we have too much "League 1" deadwood. I guess we tried to keep the wage bill down and take as chance this year with the current players. It clearly isnt working and some of these players are struggling at this level.
My faith in Gus has been upheld and im sure come January we'll be in the hunt for a few players that can compliment the quality of Vicente!!

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
He sounded like he'd had enough. Completely realizes that we have too much "League 1" deadwood. I guess we tried to keep the wage bill down and take as chance this year with the current players. It clearly isnt working and some of these players are struggling at this level.
My faith in Gus has been upheld and im sure come January we'll be in the hunt for a few players that can compliment the quality of Vicente!!
I think we may see loans very soon, at least I hope we do

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It's good that he's given the existing players the chance to show what they can do. Seems like we need a bit more of a physical presence in this league though to allow the skilful players to shine. Good chance to reassess now with the international break.

Samej

Banned
Apr 24, 2011

From the commentry it seemed Vicente was the only player with the bollox to have a shot, passing the ball does not win games scoring goals does.That team needs the Hair dryer treatment

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
how many loans can we get is it unlimited or 4

ridda

Oct 6, 2003
BN1
He gave the current players a good chance but we all new in are heart of hearts that they were not good enough at this level, time for a change.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
It's good that he's given the existing players the chance to show what they can do. Seems like we need a bit more of a physical presence in this league though to allow the skilful players to shine. Good chance to reassess now with the international break.

I quite agree - but - they have now had plenty of time in this league to show what they can do and the answer is very clear!! Some have found that their level is League 1 and thats where it stops!! You need a lot more quality in this league to survive.

Vicente looks a class above - I hope he doesnt get fed up playing with inadequates!!!

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
A bit harsh I'd say. I don't think we've got any absolute duffers - some would be very respectable squad players.. just not quite good enough to be the core of a team that could push for the top. But good enough to keep us up? I'd say so. So it's wrong to dismiss them as only good enough for League One.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
unlimited, but we can only play a certain amount I think. That said, I cannot see Gus going out and getting shit load of loan players.

nor can i, but i think we need a keeper and atleast 2 proven defenders and possibly another striker

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
A bit harsh I'd say. I don't think we've got any absolute duffers - some would be very respectable squad players.. just not quite good enough to be the core of a team that could push for the top. But good enough to keep us up? I'd say so. So it's wrong to dismiss them as only good enough for League One.

You say its wrong to dismiss them as "League 1 "players but thats exactly what Gus referred to them as in his aftermatch interview!! Fact!

TBH - He's completely and utterly spot on!! if you cant see it then you dont know your football!

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
You say its wrong to dismiss them as "League 1 "players but thats exactly what Gus referred to them as in his aftermatch interview!! Fact!

TBH - He's completely and utterly spot on!! if you cant see it then you dont know your football!

cant say i agree with that myself

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach

Gus did. He said at the start of he interview that the game was Premiership players against League 1 players.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
From another thread posted by Captain Sensible

I'm Glad Gus isnt happy. I think the players will have a bollocking for the next 2 weeks!!
If Gus gets it right, Hull could be on the end of a tonking!

Sorry, can you please enlighten me, where did these comments come from ? I could not see anything on the official club site.

I do think that we need a new GK (certainly not just someone to challenge CA but a replacement ) and two replacement full backs. After that, whereas GG is generally doing a reasonable job in the centre of defence, he will certainly not be up to any higher level, so ? Personally I don't think TE is good enough when he becomes fit, AEA is but really he is not tall enough.

I really don't want to sound negative, we support a wonderful club but, if you, me, everyone wants to move on, certain issues need to be addressed.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
cant say i agree with that myself

You need to listen carefully to what he says! He didnt pull his punches - league 1 players!!! And thats exactly what some of them are. Not their fault of course, just not good enough

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
As he dropped Calderon for Palace he must have thought he was League 1 last week and week before so why bring him back in today?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here