Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet wants 3 players

well i would only name Holroyd as not being a good signing at OUR level. Poke & Ankergren debateable but hey, we have been down this road. We will just hav to wait and see.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Brett

Surely we should be Campeonato after our GLORIOUS win against 10 men on Sat...

mccraque

Feb 24, 2009
am pretty sure that finishing is an attribute.

I like Barnes.

Anyway - I reckon todays 3 signings will be all Goalkeepers.

With Poke heading to Crawley to cover for the perma-suspended FDM.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Barnes' best attributes is his link up play and bringing a second striker into the game. This is why on the whole I do not think he could operate successfully as a lone forward but give him a competent partner and all is good. Obviously playing up-front with Murray and the class he has should mean their partnership should flourish especially as Barnes seems to have a knack finding the net himself.

I think the Barnes-Murray combination could get enough goals to mount a challenge so I reckon we do not need to go for a super-star striker today but add someone to the squad who can help chip in...That is not to say I would not get excited if we signed a top drawer forward but I believe a Murray-Barnes front 2 is good enough.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Even without the goal, I thought Barnes had a very good game on Saturday. Won plenty in the air, and his link-up player was excellent all afternoon.

As for the goal, I'm not sure he's quite had the credit he deserves. The ball arrived at him quickly from behind, and that was a purely instinctive volley perfectly placed into the bottom corner. Tremendous finishing, it really was a goal out of nothing.

They look like a decent partnership to me.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
Completely agree.
I just don't think he is particularly strong, he seems to get beaten in the air all the time, he's not that fast, first touch isn't great, hold up play not brilliant, but give him the ball in the box he can finish

Jimmy Greaves was just like that too! LOL

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Loving how behind BBC are. Only just reported the original statement of 'Poyet hoping to sign three players plus Lua Lua'! That was on here hours ago, keep up!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Barnes' best attributes is his link up play and bringing a second striker into the game. This is why on the whole I do not think he could operate successfully as a lone forward but give him a competent partner and all is good. Obviously playing up-front with Murray and the class he has should mean their partnership should flourish especially as Barnes seems to have a knack finding the net himself.

I think the Barnes-Murray combination could get enough goals to mount a challenge so I reckon we do not need to go for a super-star striker today but add someone to the squad who can help chip in...That is not to say I would not get excited if we signed a top drawer forward but I believe a Murray-Barnes front 2 is good enough.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Fairly close to a Yup there.

Don't agree with Mendoza. Barnes is good in the air, won plenty of headers on Saturday, (most of which at least attempted to find his partner), looked strong, linked up well.

I like.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
The best thing about this statement / today is that virtually NO MUPPET on here has a clue who the players are gonna be / are. With the exception of the Oli Johnson rumour nobody knows nothnig. Just goes to show that their aren't that many people really 'in the know' on here are there! ha ha!

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Am I being naive? Unless we sign very good players (good enough to replace first teamers) why do we want more players - apart from a striker and left sided midfielder where we are obviosuly short?

How will Gus keep everybody happy?

Keeper? Brez number one - perm one of the other ten keepers for No 2

Defence? First choice is Calde, Greer, Elphick and Painter. We won't get better than any of those so can only be after cover - which you can argue we have.

Midfield? We're awash with midfielders. Add LuaLua and we don't need more. Already wondering about how he's going to fit Sparrow, LuaLua, Bennett, Dicker, Kish etc etc into the team.

Strikers? We need one more solid striker - that's clear.

So we NEED a striker plus LuaLua.
We'd LIKE more defensive cover?

Do we need three more signings? Just asking.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Am I being naive? Unless we sign very good players (good enough to replace first teamers) why do we want more players - apart from a striker and left sided midfielder where we are obviosuly short?

How will Gus keep everybody happy?

Keeper? Brez number one - perm one of the other ten keepers for No 2

Defence? First choice is Calde, Greer, Elphick and Painter. We won't get better than any of those so can only be after cover - which you can argue we have.

Midfield? We're awash with midfielders. Add LuaLua and we don't need more. Already wondering about how he's going to fit Sparrow, LuaLua, Bennett, Dicker, Kish etc etc into the team.

Strikers? We need one more solid striker - that's clear.

So we NEED a striker plus LuaLua.
We'd LIKE more defensive cover?

Do we need three more signings? Just asking.

I agree in principle but if Gus says we need someone then we do.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here