Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet wants 3 players

the hitman

Jan 17, 2008
Viva Las Burgess Hill
Have a feeling gus will go after two striker today. Can't see Hart or Holroyd getting anywhere near the first team, and gus has stated he wants two player in each position.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm with you there Marshy - and it's an incredibly good feeling to start the season with a squad that will be tough to improve. Gonna be a spanking season if a few things fall into place.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Am I being naive? Unless we sign very good players (good enough to replace first teamers) why do we want more players - apart from a striker and left sided midfielder where we are obviosuly short?

How will Gus keep everybody happy?

Keeper? Brez number one - perm one of the other ten keepers for No 2

Defence? First choice is Calde, Greer, Elphick and Painter. We won't get better than any of those so can only be after cover - which you can argue we have.

Midfield? We're awash with midfielders. Add LuaLua and we don't need more. Already wondering about how he's going to fit Sparrow, LuaLua, Bennett, Dicker, Kish etc etc into the team.

Strikers? We need one more solid striker - that's clear.

So we NEED a striker plus LuaLua.
We'd LIKE more defensive cover?

Do we need three more signings? Just asking.

That about echos my thoughts. With lua Lua here, we don't need any more midfielders, defence is sound and always have the loan market in an emergency. I'd spunk the whole 30% on a striker...quality not quantity!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
15:45: One deal is close to completion, the club hopes to announce this shortly after 4pm.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
From BBC Sport:

shorteyboi on Twitter: "Jason Roberts has arrived at Brighton's training ground for talks with Gus Poyet."
===
Surely not?

Woooo hoooooo Now a done deal. the 2nd most important one done and dusted. Jason Roberts............Nah. Silly talk, total rubbish. would be happy to be wrong though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here