Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet The Rookie - Lessons to be learned

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
I reckon if had signed a decent left winger and a decent striker we'd be top.

And here we go again....repeating the well worn thread thats been going on for the last couple of months.....
WE ALL KNOW that we need a left winger and striker.
WHy do you keep going on about something that WE, GUS , TB and half of Sussex know about ?
There IS nothing else to be said about the subject !
EXEPT HERE , it seems .
Its zzzzzzzzzzzz ville !

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
I think Poyet's mistake was saying how he was going to get his squad finalised before the first friendly. Bloom's error was saying that anything but top two would be a disappointment (or words to that effect). Both comments raised expectations beyond belief in some fans and now we are still missing players and a long way from being top two standard, the comments are coming back to haunt them somewhat.

Both Bloom and Poyet will have learnt a million and one lessons from this close season. We just have to remember they are both new to their jobs and there are learning curves in this business, especially with what you say publicly.

Some fans may not accept that but the vast majority know we are extremely fortunate to have Tony and Gus at the top of our club

Eggs Actly Cor Wrecked.
(That should have the NSC spell check Police all in a spin )

Anyway, I think this sums it up nicely.

Manny

Aug 1, 2010
Reigate, Surrey
I think Poyet's mistake was saying how he was going to get his squad finalised before the first friendly. Bloom's error was saying that anything but top two would be a disappointment (or words to that effect). Both comments raised expectations beyond belief in some fans and now we are still missing players and a long way from being top two standard, the comments are coming back to haunt them somewhat.

Both Bloom and Poyet will have learnt a million and one lessons from this close season. We just have to remember they are both new to their jobs and there are learning curves in this business, especially with what you say publicly.

Some fans may not accept that but the vast majority know we are extremely fortunate to have Tony and Gus at the top of our club

Deserves its own thread and should be pointed to from all other transfer and over ambitious posters IMO.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Aside from the "promotion" comments as meantioned earlier I think the only "mistake" to learn from so far has not been replacing Forster.

I AGREE with the decision to let him go but we did need to replace him as he was a 15 goal a season striker. I said was by the way.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I have spoken to my 6yr old son and told him he is not allowed to start any more threads on NSC

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here