Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet The Rookie - Lessons to be learned

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Don't sell or send players out on long term loan unless you have replacements in place.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
So you know for certain that we can't recall ANY of these players?

Also, where exactly are we short, and who that we have sent on loan would have filled them?

So you know for certain that we can't recall ANY of these players?

Also, where exactly are we short, and who that we have sent on loan would have filled them?

A team cannot recall long term loans unless it is for trasnfer purposes

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Don't sell or send players out on long term loan unless you have replacements in place.

I agree.

I mean, nobody would sell their football ground (for example) without having another one to move to, would they?

Baz, don't be angry.

Maybe I should have added unless you're some sort of money grabbing, immoral, screwed up, self serving ****, that doesn't give a f*** about anything except his own bank balance.

I just meant i never know wether to laugh or cry, The Golstone i miss so much, however..........we now have Falmer

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I love how so many people on here know more about football than someone who's player at the highest level.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
If you're having a pop Notters, please step outside..........

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
I love how so many people on here know more about football than someone who's player at the highest level.

Great player and potentially a great manager and its part of lifes rich tapestry to learn from experience(and dare i say it mistakes) if Poyet could rewind do you think he would do anything differently? its interesting that Newcastle have had us hanging on all pre-season long for Lua lua.

but as you say I ain't no expert and the players who have gone might have been massively disruptive and the final pieces of the jigsaw may fall beautifully into place and we have a brilliant awe inspiring season - heres hoping:albion1:

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think Poyet's mistake was saying how he was going to get his squad finalised before the first friendly. Bloom's error was saying that anything but top two would be a disappointment (or words to that effect). Both comments raised expectations beyond belief in some fans and now we are still missing players and a long way from being top two standard, the comments are coming back to haunt them somewhat.

Both Bloom and Poyet will have learnt a million and one lessons from this close season. We just have to remember they are both new to their jobs and there are learning curves in this business, especially with what you say publicly.

Some fans may not accept that but the vast majority know we are extremely fortunate to have Tony and Gus at the top of our club

Last edited:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

So, you don't think Poyet is capable of making a mistake then? That perhaps he hasn't slipped up slightly on the man management front. That perhaps saying a player will never play for the club again then re-signing and even making him captain doesn't reflect slightly poorly on him.

Fact is Poyet has made mistakes but what we want is for him to learn from them so that he can fulfill the potential we all hope he's got. But for some on here to worship him like he is infallible is just a joke.

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand

What right have any of us here got to call Gus a 'rookie'. Have we played at his level..no. Have we managed or been assistant manager at his level ...no.
Has he made mistakes in his job..maybe. Have we made mistakes in our jobs...for sure.
Would we like it if he called us rookies at our job , or no good....we would be hurt and upset.
Why dont we all just give this a f***ing rest 1

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here