Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet Open to Kaz Loan - Argus

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Gus Poyet has admitted he would be willing to bring Kazenga LuaLua to The Amex on loan if necessary.

But the Albion manager still believes he can sign the Newcastle winger on a more permanent basis, despite a hitch in negotiations.

Poyet said "Its not an easy one. There are many options. My first impression was we would be able to buy him. Its negotiations. Things change when you negotiate. We would buy him if the numbers are right".

Asked if he would agree to a loan deal if necessary, Poyet said: "Yes, depending on the length of the loan. We will try and sort this out as soon as possible".

LuaLua is not expected to feature in Alan Pardew's plans for the new Premier League season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I guess things are not going as smoothly as we had hoped with this one.

Laridae

Apr 28, 2011
West of Sussex
Thanks for posting this... very disappointing. Newcastle taking the piss by the sounds of it.

Faith in TB & GP though to make the right decisions though.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
Well that makes it no clearer. Newcastle really have f***ed us about with KLL. This seems alot like last season when we waited and waited and waited thought we were not gonna get him then finally got him. Seems like we still will though. Shame Gus wont have alot of the squad he wants when they report for pre-season next week. However better to be patient and get the right players.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Is Gus a bit naive in his transfer dealings? You'd think he'd have learnt to stop bigging things up until they are done. Only 3 days ago he was "very comfortable" with the situation,

Not forgetting that he also said that he expected to have our squad in place for pre-season. He is gonna have to go some as at the moment all we have so far are two unproven replacements for our two best players from last season, other than that a big fat ZILCH.

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
What a crock of shit. Why is it we always seem the ones being done over. Never the other way round.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Is Gus a bit naive in his transfer dealings? You'd think he'd have learnt to stop bigging things up until they are done. Only 3 days ago he was "very comfortable" with the situation,

Not forgetting that he hoped to have our squad in place for pre-season. He is gonna have to go some to have anything more than two unproven replacements for our two best players last season.

To be fair, Gus has not spoken about specific transfers other than this one, and all things considered this one seemed fairly straightforward at first, especially given the players history with the club.

It's a learning curve. Gus just got +2 Exp points in transfer dealings - onwards and upwards :thumbsup:

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
No doubt the club are now looking at potential alternatives in case this ends in tears. Newcastle must be asking for a silly amount of money for this to still be dragging on.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Surely though, if we take him on a season loan, he will sign for us on a free when the loan is up and his contract ends?

I would have thought Newcastle would be better off getting something for him now.

Could this be a piece of genius from Gus? Newcastle demand an unreasonable fee, we put out that we would be happy to take him on loan for the season, basically signalling to Pardew that we are prepared to walk away from a transfer if the terms are not right.

Gus & Bloom calling Pardews bluff perhaps?

We're the ones with the poker ace remember :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Tony Le Mesmer

Jul 5, 2003
South Wales
Until the other day, we had agreed a deal with them. It was a case of dotting the 'i's and crossing the 't's

Sep 1, 2010
Surely though, if we take him on a season loan, he will sign for us on a free when the loan is up and his contract ends?

I would have thought Newcastle would be better off getting something for him now.

It may be a case of Newcastle preferring to see how he does in the Championship before deciding what to do so a loan may be a better option for them

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I think the headline is a bit sensationalist to be honest

Gus has bascially said Newcastle are dicking us about, we thought we could buy him but the goalposts have changed regarding the fee.

He has then been asked if the worst comes to the worst would we have him back on loan and he has said yes.... hardly going to say no when we are trying to sign him is he

Think Kaz has nailed his colours to the mast on this one and i would be very surprised if come the 6th August he isnt a Brighton player, think Gus and Tony are just playing a waiting game on this one

Waynflete

Nov 10, 2009
Gus & Bloom calling Pardews bluff perhaps?

We're the ones with the poker ace remember :thumbsup:

Hope you're right! Also, if we're playing hardball hope it doesn't mean his agent will take him off to other clubs. Either way, GP and TB obviously know more about how to deal with this than we ever will, so we just have to trust them to make the best possible decision.

brightoon

Jun 13, 2011
I have a soft spot for nufc and a good blog to keep an eye on is The Newcastle United Blog News, Views and Commentary On Newcastle United Football Club By Ed Harrison, A Proud Geordie And Lifelong Fan, it is clear from that blog that nufc are ripping the guts out of last years team. KLL has 1 year left on his contract. I can't see any way he will stay. Kaz will not get first team football at Newcastle and mike Ashley is to shrewd to let someone walk away for nowt. Kaz will be sold. Keep the faith!

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Hope you're right! Also, if we're playing hardball hope it doesn't mean his agent will take him off to other clubs. Either way, GP and TB obviously know more about how to deal with this than we ever will, so we just have to trust them to make the best possible decision.

I thinks its quite significant that Kaz has signalled that he wants to come here, and he has said explicitly, its here or Newcastle for him. I know they say there is no loyalty in football, but this can only work in our favour in terms of negotiating a transfer, particularly as he only has a year left on his contract.

Pardew wanting to have his cake and eat it at the expense of a young player's career is really not on, and I think he can only keep this up for so long. I hope anyway.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
To be fair, Gus has not spoken about specific transfers other than this one, and all things considered this one seemed fairly straightforward at first, especially given the players history with the club.

It's a learning curve. Gus just got +2 Exp points in transfer dealings - onwards and upwards :thumbsup:

I think we'd be a bit naive to think Gus isn't naive to be honest. He's a rookie manager, thats why managers often start out with lower division clubs, to make their mistakes and learn from them.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I thinks its quite significant that Kaz has signalled that he wants to come here, and he has said explicitly, its here or Newcastle for him. I know they say there is no loyalty in football, but this can only work in our favour in terms of negotiating a transfer, particularly as he only has a year left on his contract.

Pardew wanting to have his cake and eat it at the expense of a young player's career is really not on, and I think he can only keep this up for so long. I hope anyway.

Exactly what I was going to say. Although thinking about it, due to his age, if Toon offer him a new deal, we would have to pay a compensation fee next summer even if he is out of contract.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here