Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet on BBC1 tonight??

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
just go on you tube and listen properly to exactly what was said and then read what you 'quoted' and you might see what I mean ...

He said he was still the manager.

I did think that near to the end he said he was working to get better???? not so sure now but I still think that what he said is unlikely to change any issues the club may have or what his problem is.

Have to wait and see what happens whenever it happens

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
There could be reasons why people at the Club want to get rid of him, other than the fact that he has "done something". They may think that suspending him is a first step in the process, but this doesn't mean that "he obviously has done something".

We don't actually know that the club want to get rid of him do we? - He might have done something that means they have to discipline him or investigate his actions. Thats my point about what he said it could still mean anything.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Have you been drinking?

Yes, it is Father's Day. Have you?

To be honest, I didn't read anything into it, either way.

It was just the way it was said. It's obvious that they would have talked about it before or during the show and that Poyet would have told them what was happening (albeit from his point of view). If he'd said that he was leaving I just think Lineker would have said something like 'good luck'.

he may have meant a fiscal arrangement..............

That's possible - anything is possible - and it could be wishful thinking on my part.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
What did Gus say in reply right at the end? All things considered, he seemed very upbeat tonight. Just hope it FINALLY gets sorted out this week.

He just nodded, admittedly with a smile.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Linekar says "do you see any future at Brighton for you" ignore what Gus says, and watch him shake his head.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yes, it is Father's Day. Have you?

It was just the way it was said. It's obvious that they would have talked about it before or during the show and that Poyet would have told them what was happening (albeit from his point of view). If he'd said that he was leaving I just think Lineker would have said something like 'good luck'.

That's possible - anything is possible - and it could be wishful thinking on my part.

I hear what you are saying Jim. Nothing would surprise me in the next few days. Any outcome is possible, hence my comment, "either way".

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
We don't actually know that the club want to get rid of him do we? - He might have done something that means they have to discipline him or investigate his actions. Thats my point about what he said it could still mean anything.

As I have said before, this club still leaks like a sieve. The way the Friday stuff was handled (leaked to press and others that a meeting would take place, despite Gus allegedly advising at least 2 days earlier that he could attend until Monday. Then cue another leak that he has refused to turn up etc etc and cue derision from the masses who take this as a sleight against them). All just goes to show that in my opinion, there has been a concerted exercise to spin this from day 1 in order to 'manage' the fans.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
As I have said before, this club still leaks like a sieve. The way the Friday stuff was handled (leaked to press and others that a meeting would take place, despite Gus allegedly advising at least 2 days earlier that he could attend until Monday. Then cue another leak that he has refused to turn up etc etc and cue derision from the masses who take this as a sleight against them). All just goes to show that in my opinion, there has been a concerted exercise to spin this from day 1 in order to 'manage' the fans.

I appreciate NSC is only a section of the fans - but if fans have been managed - some on here have been played like a drum.

This must be the new level of professionalism in management of Albion affairs we have to get used to.

Last edited:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
The one line that he might have said by mistake is "the way I treat the players"

Yes. I noticed that - it really stood out and was a unnecessary example to use. Perhaps a clue in there.

I wouldn't be surprised by the way after seeing the interview if he now stays on, but at least we'll know soon.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes

Quite

Smile

Aug 19, 2011

I also firmly believe that someone at the club wanted him out. They have been quite clever in alienating Gus so the fans end up wanting rid of one the finest managers we have ever had. Very clever as it has worked, if Gus goes now most people will say thank god we can move on.

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Yes. I noticed that - it really stood out and was a unnecessary example to use. Perhaps a clue in there.

I wouldn't be surprised by the way after seeing the interview if he now stays on, but at least we'll know soon.

What? Why was it an unnecessary example other than to fit your own agenda of criticising everything about him?

The Legend that IS Lawro

It's 'canard' Del
May 8, 2013
Burgess Hill
Nice to hear Gary Lineker wish Gus all the best sorting things out, two contrasting expressions with Shearer though.

Gus.JPG

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
What? Why was it an unnecessary example other than to fit your own agenda of criticising everything about him?

I do not criticise everything about him !!!

Only yesterday I stated we should take nothing away from his acheivements.

I do however have a MAJOR issue with his treatment of Vicente - which SOME Gus lovers glibly dismiss - and the breakdown, according to the argus, of his relationship to Tony.

I also really dislike the anti-barber agenda on here.

But don't stop misrepresenting my views, eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here