Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet on BBC1 tonight??

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
So, so sorry for being silly oh wise one. I'm surprised your stunning level of logic even allows you to waste your time on watching football.

:)
I just don't think there were any hidden messages. All this WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THAT stuff is more of our desperation for knowledge of the unsaid than any likelihood that gone midnight on the beeb he has some dark secret to unfurl by saying that he loves working and is currently still Albion manager legally speaking.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Good answers from Gus, I mean he can't go into detail because of the investigation - that and he doesn't want to say too much as the club could get pretty annoyed.

Question wasn't meant to be asked, but it was and was dealt with well.

Hope Gus stays - most of the anti-Gus brigade are just acting like children right now who only think about right now.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
what I read from that is you, very conveniently, are not quoting accurately

No not at all. I really think you can read what he said both ways - its not him thats the problem but he's ok to go come and get him.

If he really is not to blame and has done nothing wrong why would we suspend him?

And I don't necessarily think he was caught off guard, he can't have thought that he wouldn't be questioned about the situation and he could have told the BBC not to ask anything about it if he was worried. He might have been nervous but he was calm enough not to say anything that would put him in trouble

One Robbie Reinelt

Forever Brighton
Feb 28, 2009
From 0:58 - 1:04 in the vid:

GL: Are you surprised by the stance of the club?

GP: Well, I don't know all the issues.....

Is he really saying that the club haven't told him all the allegations? Shirley not?

Wouldn't be surprised if Mr Poyet might be telling a bit of a porky pie there. Who goes into a disciplinary hearing without knowing all the allegations levelled against them?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Wouldn't be surprised if Mr Poyet might be telling a bit of a porky pie there. Who goes into a disciplinary hearing without knowing all the allegations levelled against them?

The meeting tomorrow might be to tell him what the allegations are, it might have taken the club this amount of time to prepare them legally. This could take weeks if he now has to go home and work out responses to them.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Tonight was a PR exercise on various levels. Gus got to remind everyone that he is still around and looking like the good guy. He appears bold and confident ahead of his meeting with the Club.

I'm sure he would have expected some sort of question about his own circumstances and knew not to say anything that could have been awkward. Worse case scenario he reminded prospective employers of his existence. A win/win for Gus.

bravohotelalpha

Jan 23, 2011
Good Old Sussex By The Sea
No not at all. I really think you can read what he said both ways - its not him thats the problem but he's ok to go come and get him.

If he really is not to blame and has done nothing wrong why would we suspend him?

And I don't necessarily think he was caught off guard, he can't have thought that he wouldn't be questioned about the situation and he could have told the BBC not to ask anything about it if he was worried. He might have been nervous but he was calm enough not to say anything that would put him in trouble

just go on you tube and listen properly to exactly what was said and then read what you 'quoted' and you might see what I mean ...

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Linkeker ended with "Thanks very much Gus, hope everything gets sorted out with Brighton"

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
And the way he said it made me think that Gus will be staying.......

To be honest, I didn't read anything into it, either way.

I don't' disagree but he obviously has done something to make his employer suspend him.
There could be reasons why people at the Club want to get rid of him, other than the fact that he has "done something". They may think that suspending him is a first step in the process, but this doesn't mean that "he obviously has done something".

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here