Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet - Now its time to get SERIOUS

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This is a fantastic and bold appointment by Bloom. You would expect nothing less. Bloom has AMBITION and has set the Bar high. I just wish some of our fans would share in his ambition and stop being so apologetic and accepting of SHIT.

We CAN get to the premiership and we WILL. We can be a big as Portsmouth, Wigan, Hull , why the hell not ?.

We should NOT be satisfied with scratching around at the arse end of the 3rd division and aiming as mid table as some sort of wonderful achievement with a 22500 stadium just over a year away.

Slade ?, he did well last season but this season was UTTER cack. Nice guy yes, get us promoted, no way.

I hope Poyet will bang some heads in the next week. Slade was liked but not respected. Slade never played a professional game of football in his life.

Poyet 187 games for Chelsea and Spurs and 54 goals. Also 26 games for Uruguay and 3 goals. The pedigree is there and maybe Dickenson and Cox and the like will respect that record.

I predict great things and can still see a play off push this season now.

A 3rd round FA Cup game should be on also.

Bloom has set his stall out with his first appointment and it is very exciting.

Great times ahead for the Albion.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Little less grumpy this morning US?

Totally agree - it's a really ambitious appointment and widely recognised as the brains behind the midget at Leeds. Here's hoping TB puts a little money in the pot for a CB too and we'll be away.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Chuffed to absolute bits with this appointment and an ex-defender as a No 2 makes good sense. Gus is going to have some great contacts I'm sure so we can expect top see some top quality loans.

Get well and truly IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smile:

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
I agree US. On the training pitch the players will be being told what to do by our manager and assistant (and Steve Brown) who they grew up watching everyweek on TV. If they don't listen, respect and do as they are told they should be out of the club immediately.
I hope that by appointing a management team that has played at the highest level the culture of the club will also change and we will become a far more professional outfit.

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
Excellent appointment. This guy will generate respect.
article-1226639-021B5E03000004B0-357_468x480.jpg

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Delighted with Poyet and his number two. But I think if he succeeds with us, he'll be off to a bigger club at the end of the season.

Mar 10, 2006
This is a fantastic and bold appointment by Bloom. You would expect nothing less. Bloom has AMBITION and has set the Bar high. I just wish some of our fans would share in his ambition and stop being so apologetic and accepting of SHIT.

We CAN get to the premiership and we WILL. We can be a big as Portsmouth, Wigan, Hull , why the hell not ?.

We should NOT be satisfied with scratching around at the arse end of the 3rd division and aiming as mid table as some sort of wonderful achievement with a 22500 stadium just over a year away.

Slade ?, he did well last season but this season was UTTER cack. Nice guy yes, get us promoted, no way.

I hope Poyet will bang some heads in the next week. Slade was liked but not respected. Slade never played a professional game of football in his life.

Poyet 187 games for Chelsea and Spurs and 54 goals. Also 26 games for Uruguay and 3 goals. The pedigree is there and maybe Dickenson and Cox and the like will respect that record.

Spot on :clap2::clap2::clap2:

We've almost become groomed to accept shit in recent times hence the morgue like atmosphere around the ground - going to games can become more of a chore than enjoyment. Hopefully we can get some feel good factor around the place and start moving onwards and upwards

onthebeach

Jul 15, 2009
thrilled to bits maybe we will look and act like a more professional outfit now.

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade

This is a gutsy choice assuming it wasn't Hobsons. I agree that provided the funding comes for a new CB with experience that there is no reason why we cant turn things round this season and look forward to a rosier future. They should bring discipline and respect and bring the best out of the younger players. Exciting times.......

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Delighted with Poyet and his number two. But I think if he succeeds with us, he'll be off to a bigger club at the end of the season.

He will only be successful if he gets us promoted to the Championship. If that is the case, then I guess he would have earned a "big" move. Surely better than us struggling and having to sack managers.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hopefully he has another coach lined up or will Oatway be promoted?

Fergus96

Oct 20, 2004
Hove
I agree, think this is a fantastic appointment, one question out of interest, he obviously has completed his UEFA coaching licenses, but to what level, I assume the top as he has coached in the premiership?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here