Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet NOT to Reading thread

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
Not sure why everyone has got their knickers in a twist.

I'm sure that Poyet has spoken with Reading. It would be silly from his own point if he flatly turned them down - possibly wouldnt do himself any favours if and when a bigger job came along. Poyet will give Reading the respect that they deserve.

But just becuase he has talks, doesnt mean that he will say yes. Certainly Poyet understands that he needs a stepping stone to get the bigger Premiership job that he craves i.e Chelsea/Spurs. Are Reading that stepping stone? Almost certainties to go down, no guarantees (Bolton, Wolves, Blackburn) in going straight up.

If i were him or his advisors I would say that getting Brighton to the PL and keeping them there would do the trick. Alternatively, if Brighton do just miss out then there is bound to be another PL team next season or pre season needing a manager who will provide Gus the opportunity to remain in the PL.

Reading simply do not tick the boxes

D

Deleted member 22389

I for one hope Tony Bloom does not bend to any requests for more wages etc for the squad for Poyet to stay and I trust he would not.

The financial stability of the Albion is the single most imporant thing.

Exactly the club has already been down that road before. It was horrible, nasty and miserable time for all supporters.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Why dosnt Gus come out and say 'nope not interested' FFS

We're looking at the updates and thoughts of desperate internet fora dweebs.
Gus is looking at this

sun.jpeg

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Let's hope the following comes out of this whole episode....

The directors realise that the only issue that would ever tempt Poyet away is his repeated concerns over the player budget, subsequently the directors meet today and one of the first things they do is extend Poyets contract and give him an increase in player budget as a sweetener.

I'm sure the directors appreciate that Poyet is pivotal in the clubs progression over the next few years both on and off the pitch.

I disagree. I'm a fan of Gus, I want him to stay and will be suitably disappointed if he leaves. However, the last thing I want this club to do is spend more money than it can afford. We've already made an 8million loss and it appears we'll make a similar loss for this financial year. I really, really don't want to see the club go down the road of getting itself into bigger and bigger debt. Not for Gus, not for the premier league, not for anything.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
I thought the club were always happy to allow other clubs to speak to employees if approached? they can't really stop this anyway, so i guess it's easier to say 'yeah, feel free to speak to them' which is what happened with CMS, when he almost left.

so friggin what if reading have been given permission to speak to Gus. they're going down... and we might be going up. it's a complete non-event. Gus has been linked and will continue to be linked with FAR bigger and better clubs than Reading even if we don't go up this year.

he'll leave us one day, but it certainly won't be for Reading. an Aston Villa or an Everton maybe, but not a Reading.

BaconSaver

Oct 4, 2012
I actually would like you to keep him... I reckon if he went you'd get a better manager like Nigel Adkins or something.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Sorry, I mean, sitting in his Bermuda shorts next to a pile of shit.

Gwm

Oct 25, 2011
Just read this on twitter

@BBCSESport: MT “@SimonPeach: Source close to Gus Poyet says he has held talks with #ReadingFC but nowhere near being a done deal. Story on PA wire.”

Then there's the independent article claiming its just the contract details to be agreed.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I disagree. I'm a fan of Gus, I want him to stay and will be suitably disappointed if he leaves. However, the last thing I want this club to do is spend more money than it can afford. We've already made an 8million loss and it appears we'll make a similar loss for this financial year. I really, really don't want to see the club go down the road of getting itself into bigger and bigger debt. Not for Gus, not for the premier league, not for anything.

Wise, wise words from the land of the Rising Sun. And Banzai.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Just read this on twitter

@BBCSESport: MT “@SimonPeach: Source close to Gus Poyet says he has held talks with #ReadingFC but nowhere near being a done deal. Story on PA wire.”

Then there's the independent article claiming its just the contract details to be agreed.

PA reported yesterday that "tentative talks" had taken place. But no additional info today. I just checked.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I actually would like you to keep him... I reckon if he went you'd get a better manager like Nigel Adkins or something.
Are you trying to be funny? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here