Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet not happy after millwall game!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I was not happy either. In the first half (on the radio), I thought it was awful.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Gus gives 100% , some of the players are not , surely you can see why he is pissed off.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Good..

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
we played shit, he has every reason to be pissed off yesterday, I think its hit him that we need atleast 2 new players, a goalkeeper, center midfielder & maybe a left back and foward if tony will give him the funds

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
CMS isn't much of penalty taker, I don't think. He didn't do it for peterborough. However, Noone scored one in pre-season and said he'd be up for it during the season, but then barnes took them. Perhaps noone should have taken it.

Having said that, when harley signed his ability on set pieces was one of his reputed positives.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think has a right to be unhappy.

1. we gift wrapped some unbelievable chances in the first half, that were inexplicably missed.
2. the penalty was a shocker.
3. for all our possession, Millwall had the better, clear-cut chances.
4. we threw away 2 points with some sloppy goal-keeping.
5. we made some poor decisions in the final third.

Millwall looked like relegation fodder, and were there for the taking, which we did not do. He has a right to be unhappy with that.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
do you want to back to withdean!:moo:

Well, of course. This is NSC there are no complexities. If you criticise someone for something wrong they did, well then you want him dropped, sold even, and you want to play home games at gillingham, that's if you wanted the club saved from Archer at all.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Really thought we were much improved last night than on recent showings. Bridcutt, Dunk, CMS and Noone were brilliant. Sparrow also very good again and seems to be nailing a starting position. Harley improved in the second half and Greer was pretty solid. Calderon had a quiet game and Painter was shaky again. Hoskins looked good on the ball and had a couple of decent efforts. He admitted his legs were gone by 60 minutes though so will take time to get back to fitness.

Was very frustrating that we didn't see out the win as we were in control. But for the long range goal they really didn't look like troubling us second half.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Did anyone see Gus go mental just before half-time?
Nooney received the ball just before the half-way line, turned his marker and then run down the channel beating a couple of men...whilst this is going on Gus leaps out of his seat in the Dugout, goes mental and then kicks two water bottles down the touchline. Nooney then makes into the box, cuts inside and gets a decent shot away.
I don’t quite understand what caused Gus to go Chicken Oriental?!

Chanty

Sep 1, 2011
Really thought we were much improved last night than on recent showings. Bridcutt, Dunk, CMS and Noone were brilliant. Sparrow also very good again and seems to be nailing a starting position. Harley improved in the second half and Greer was pretty solid. Calderon had a quiet game and Painter was shaky again. Hoskins looked good on the ball and had a couple of decent efforts. He admitted his legs were gone by 60 minutes though so will take time to get back to fitness.

Was very frustrating that we didn't see out the win as we were in control. But for the long range goal they really didn't look like troubling us second half.

Spot on!

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
Nooney received the ball just before the half-way line, turned his marker and then run down the channel beating a couple of men...whilst this is going on Gus leaps out of his seat in the Dugout, goes mental and then kicks two water bottles down the touchline. Nooney then makes into the box, cuts inside and gets a decent shot away.
I don’t quite understand what caused Gus to go Chicken Oriental?!

Probably because we didn't play 100 passes before getting the ball from the half way line into the box? We are Brighton and we have an identity after all

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't quite understand what caused Gus to go Chicken Oriental?!

Was that the incident where CMS was wide open, unmarked, in prime position to score and Nooney didn't show any awareness, didn't look around for options just kept his head down and ignored his team mate? If so, I think he might have been upset about Noone's hairstyle.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Was that the incident where CMS was wide open, unmarked, in prime position to score and Nooney didn't show any awareness, didn't look around for options just kept his head down and ignored his team mate? If so, I think he might have been upset about Noone's hairstyle.

No, that was the time when Gordon Greer played a beautiful 60 yard ball over the top of the Full-back for Nooney to run onto. Nooney got to the ball, beat the Full-back a couple of times, then got to the by-line and took the shot on, when it was easier to pull it back to CMS on the six yard box.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here