Worthing
Found this on the argus website and i thought i will share it with you all

Poyet needs an answer on LuaLua soon

5:00pm Tuesday 28th June 2011
Print
Email
Comments(5)

By Brian Owen »

Gus Poyet last night admitted he cannot risk waiting too long for Kazenga LuaLua.

Negotiations for the winger have stalled between his current club Newcastle and Albion, who want to sign him on a full transfer.

Poyet insists that could yet happen but says he needs to know one way or another so he can pursue other targets if necessary.

The Albion boss said: “We have still got a chance.

“It’s one of those where we need to get some good or bad news quite soon.”

Asked if he could wait for LuaLua, he added: “You are taking a big risk if you do that.

“In the worst case you wait too long and then find you can’t get other good players in that position.”

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew was back at work after holiday yesterday but indications from the North East are that United are in no great rush to decide on the future of their young winger as he approaches the last season of his current contract.

The right offer from the Seagulls could help make up their minds.

Albion remain keen on Owen Garvan, the creative Irish midfielder for whom they have already offered £250,000.

Poyet said: “We would be interested at the right price and the right time.”

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
It is all a game - whose nerve will crack first?

ours I suspect which could have a considerable impact on other targets when we up the offer

CAPTAIN GREALISH

Jan 6, 2010
QUOTE=severnside gull;4191827]It is all a game - whose nerve will crack first?

mine:eek:

ours I suspect which could have a considerable impact on other targets when we up the offer[/QUOTE]

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Albion boss said: “We have still got a chance. It’s one of those where we need to get some good or bad news quite soon.”

Thats quite a departure from the "imminent" signing we were told about 2 weeks ago.

*gloomy*

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I was hoping we would avoid being in this situation again this season with Newcastle. Hopefully we are already looking at alternatives and will f*** newcastle off at the end of this week.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Thats quite a departure from the "imminent" signing we were told about 2 weeks ago.

*gloomy*

Not so upbeat this week then Easy ?

*stevefosterlikeposter*

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Are NUFC waiting to see if Birmingham's new manager , Chris Hughton wants to cheekily outbid us for KLL's services ?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Poyet needs an answer on LuaLua soon

By Brian Owen »

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew was back at work after holiday yesterday but indications from the North East are that United are in no great rush to decide on the future of their young winger as he approaches the last season of his current contract.

That'll be the same Brian Owen who, a few days ago tweeted:

"As negotiations for lualua continue, our top source in NE still expects the player to end up at #bhafc - and he's always got it right so far"

Twitter

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Not so upbeat this week then Easy ?

*stevefosterlikeposter*

I always keep my pecker up, you know that. But yes, I will indeed be GUTTED with a capital GUT if this Lua Lua thing doesn't happen now.

That doesn't mean I'm hitting the panic button at a lack of signings though. Its still early days.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That'll be the same Brian Owen who, a few days ago tweeted:

"As negotiations for lualua continue, our top source in NE still expects the player to end up at #bhafc - and he's always got it right so far"

Twitter

I suppose the top source in the north east is a 20 year old who was born in Kinshasa :lolol:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
It's souding like a Calderon deal to me.

We will probably stand our ground, give Newcastle a deadline, and when that passes we will say that we are moving on, and looking at other targets. I could then see Newcastle getting into pre-season, with him a long way from teh side, and no better offers coming in, and making a sheepish call back to us to see if we're still interested.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I always keep my pecker up, you know that. But yes, I will indeed be GUTTED with a capital GUT if this Lua Lua thing doesn't happen now.

That doesn't mean I'm hitting the panic button at a lack of signings though. Its still early days.

This is the third time it's dragged on between us and Newcastle on Lua Lua, it's like dejavu from the last close season now. Par for the course

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
This is the third time it's dragged on between us and Newcastle on Lua Lua, it's like dejavu from the last close season now. Par for the course

I'm really fed up with this, it has marred the last two pre seasons, 'sake. Is he really worth it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here