Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet needs a striker - By Andy Naylor

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
So you don't rate a player you didn't see play ONCE at Withdean?? Your opinion has no weight when you consider that FACT :rolleyes:
Seen murray many times and that's lower league football not the championship.My opinion has plenty of weight mr perfect fan,bet you like me went to gillingham for every home game YEAH?

seagulls99

Feb 10, 2012
My team for next season:
kuszczak
Bruno El-Abd Greer Bridge
Bridcutt Vicente Crofts
Interchangeable front line of:
New striker Mackail-Smith Buckley/LuaLua

Vicente playing in a free role in Attacking Midfield.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
We'd still be in league one for a start.

And you can say that for certain? although we played a different formation there is nothing to suggest that a 4-4-2 wouldnt have brought about the same result. We had a good side in League 1 who were more than capable of playing pretty much any formation.

Loads of decent sides play 4-4-2, cant really understand why its frowned upon.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Nearly all in this league play 4-4-2,gus won't as he loves passing around the back a lot and wants everyone back defending,hence why we don't score many.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Aren't you conveniently forgetting the sign on fee used as a bribe by Palace?

*deliberately ignoring.

The issue is, its because it was £2k a week, which is peanuts in the grand scheme of things. £2k a week, that if Poyet really wanted to keep him, he could and would have paid without issue. We had a large squad, and I bet not one of them, even the younguns are on less than 2k a week. It was peanuts to pay to keep your main striker.

You dismiss £2k a week like it's irrelevant. It might have been the difference between £9k and £11k, for example, and it might have been the difference between being able to sign one of the other targets, or not having the budget to. Who knows. But it's certainly not as simple as you like to think.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
People we know in West Stand by dugout said a few times during the match after we had missed a chance Gus looked up to Directors Box and shrugged! I can see this ending in tears:flounce:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Seen murray many times and that's lower league football not the championship.My opinion has plenty of weight mr perfect fan,bet you like me went to gillingham for every home game YEAH?

As it happens I did :smile:

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Nearly all in this league play 4-4-2,gus won't as he loves passing around the back a lot and wants everyone back defending,hence why we don't score many.

Id love to see us play 4-5-1 with 2 proper wingers. We certainly have the personell when all fit.

kusczcak
bruno greer El Abd Bridge
Buckley Bridcutt Crofts Lua Lua/Noone
Vicente
CMS

Please remember to be gentle when you cane my starting 11, im not expecting total agreement from you all. Thanks

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Id love to see us play 4-5-1 with 2 proper wingers. We certainly have the personell when all fit.

kusczcak
bruno greer El Abd Bridge
Buckley Bridcutt Crofts Lua Lua/Noone
Vicente
CMS

Please remember to be gentle when you cane my starting 11, im not expecting total agreement from you all. Thanks
What we need at home is two bloody wingers and two strikers playing.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
*deliberately ignoring.

You dismiss £2k a week like it's irrelevant. It might have been the difference between £9k and £11k, for example, and it might have been the difference between being able to sign one of the other targets, or not having the budget to. Who knows. But it's certainly not as simple as you like to think.

You're either on a wind up or a twat. Go away. I answered that, just you deliberately ignore it, just to get another quote in. Sums you up. :tosser:

And if you think £2k is relevant when it comes to re-signing your main striker, then you are also on a wind up or deliberately taking shit. I'll say it for the last time. If we wanted Murray to stay, Murray would still be here. We allowed him to walk away.

People we know in West Stand by dugout said a few times during the match after we had missed a chance Gus looked up to Directors Box and shrugged! I can see this ending in tears:flounce:

So Gus would effectively be saying "Look Tony, the strikers I bought are shit, can I have more money to buy some more please"?

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
So Gus would effectively be saying "Look Tony, the strikers I bought are shit, can I have more money to buy some more please"?

As any one in management knows the longer you take to rectify your mistakes, the more disastrous the consequences

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado

I'm only reporting what they told us after the match - personally I think it will all come good - I love Gus but he is prone to that latin hot blood!:annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here