Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet maps Albions future

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Couldn't be bothered to type it all out!

Not online yet, so until it is

Attachments

• poyet.jpg
    poyet.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 955

Cheshire

Jul 20, 2003
1066 Country
I like the man - that means no more waiting until the deadline hour of the transfer window to see if we have signed anyone decent from what ever player was still available!

He wants to do business as soon as the window opens.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I like the man - that means no more waiting until the deadline hour of the transfer window to see if we have signed anyone decent from what ever player was still available!

He wants to do business as soon as the window opens.

I agree, the only bad news is that this season is going to be another write-off, because he has now confirmed that he will only do what is necessary to ensure we stay up, and then build his team in the summer.

Oh well, next season looks exciting already!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Am I the only one who reads Gus Poyet's quotes in my head with a Spanish/Uruguayan accent?

I hope not.

You're not. :thumbsup:

I like the sound of what I read there. The man knows what he wants to do, doesn't want to wait until the last minute to get things sorted and, by the sound of it, has the backing (both generally and financially) of the Chairman to carry out this plan.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Never mind the playing staff, is he gonna get someone to replace Frank Spencer?

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
We need to keep Murray, Bennett and McNulty for sure. I am sure they'd be in Gus's first 11 come next season.

I'd also keep Elphick, Tunnicliffe, Whing, Dicker, Crofts, Forster, Davies, Kuipers

Time for players like Cox to be shown the door.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Another summer of NSC going into meltdown about coming and going then, can't wait

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I get the feeling we may do somethign mad like spend £1million on one player in the summer

I think you may be right, if not a million I can certainly see us beating our record transfer paid of 500k in 1980.

Aristotle

Mar 18, 2008
Edinburgh
This also sends a very clear message to all the current players - this time we are not just talking about getting promotion, we really mean it. If they can't imagine themselves playing in the kind of Leeds, Norwich or Charlton teams that we just played, then they are on their way.

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
I agree, the only bad news is that this season is going to be another write-off, because he has now confirmed that he will only do what is necessary to ensure we stay up, and then build his team in the summer.

Oh well, next season looks exciting already!

Agree but it's a bit depressing to think that could have been written when Slade was appointed!

John Dorian

Glass Case of EMOTION
Gus appears to be a very proactive manager. Exciting times. Lets all just hope that he ships out the deadwood that we are so used to watching and bring in some real quality players and get us championship bound.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Um... Naylor reports, in the first para, that Poyet wants his "own 22 players, which implies 22 new players.

But Poyet just says he wants a squad of "22 or 23 players"...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We only need to change about 5-6 players I would say.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here