Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet keen to keep hold of LuaLua

Pat_Albion

Nov 10, 2007
BN41
From yahoo

Gus Poyet praised the impact Newcastle loanee Kazenga LuaLua has had on his Brighton side after watching them claim a 2-0 triumph over Exeter.

The Seagulls followed up their draw at Leeds and victory at Charlton with a first home league win for four-and-a-half months thanks to goals in each half from Tommy Elphick and Gary Dicker. And Poyet believes LuaLua has helped make the difference as his team continue to pull clear of the drop zone.

LuaLua's month-long deal expires after the visit to Colchester a week on Monday and Poyet admits he would love to hang on to the 19-year-old for the remainder of the season.

He caused Exeter's defence no end of problems with his blistering pace in the first half, and Poyet said: "I think the only way to stop him is to be as quick as him.

"He is unbelievably quick from a standing start and he plays exactly the same way away from home. He is enjoying being with us and we need to be very careful and realise that he is special.

"He brings different things to our team, he is proving very difficult for the opposition to stop so we want to use him as much as we can."

:love:

Paynaldinho

May 4, 2008
end of season loan with maybe an option to buy?he is class

Hove Seagull

Feb 18, 2008
Havant
He looked good at Charlton last week, and yesterday. If he gets better at crossing the ball he will be an awesome player. Would love him to stay here for a while and improve.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He looked good at Charlton last week, and yesterday. If he gets better at crossing the ball he will be an awesome player. Would love him to stay here for a while and improve.

As Gus said, the thing missing from his game is the end product, and if he did have that, he would not be out on loan to a league one side...!

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
don't think we could afford him.

If Bloom really wants to be in the Championship when we get to Falmer then he needs to spend big on players like Lualua. (and maybe even Painter?) No point saying we want to be in the Championship if we don't get the players who can get us thier and then keep us up.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If Bloom really wants to be in the Championship when we get to Falmer then he needs to spend big on players like Lualua. (and maybe even Painter?) No point saying we want to be in the Championship if we don't get the players who can get us thier and then keep us up./QUOTE]

Perhaps that is the long term plan but at the moment to stay up must be our immediate aim, which I am sure we will achieve.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If Bloom really wants to be in the Championship when we get to Falmer then he needs to spend big on players like Lualua. (and maybe even Painter?) No point saying we want to be in the Championship if we don't get the players who can get us thier and then keep us up./QUOTE]

Perhaps that is the long term plan but at the moment to stay up must be our immediate aim, which I am sure we will achieve.

I dont think the aim this season is to stay up, i can see us being mathematically safe with a fair few games to go, we are meant to have all of this money and I think we would be shooting ourselves in the foot not to make a serious move for this guy in the summer, in a few years time he will be playing near the top of the championship I have no doubt

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
His end product isnt great which is why I guess he isnt in Newcastles team. His pace gives the oposition a constant headache though and he creates openings for others

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think the aim this season is to stay up, i can see us being mathematically safe with a fair few games to go, we are meant to have all of this money and I think we would be shooting ourselves in the foot not to make a serious move for this guy in the summer, in a few years time he will be playing near the top of the championship I have no doubt

I would agree with that but am not too concerned if we dont do it now. It must be remembered that there may well be others as good, available in the summer. I am sure that a lot of players will be released in May/June.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
don't think we could afford him.

Why? If Newcastle get promoted he won't get a game and he has said don't like reserve football and can't see them seeking a huge fee for a 19 year old with limited experience and only a year of his contract left.

richoseagull

Jan 23, 2010
Berkshire
Why can't we afford him? If Bloom can afford a stadium, im sure he is willing to pay for an exciting player who causes all sorts of problems for the opposition players in this league. I think he is just the kind of player we should be trying to sign

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought he had both feet. But if he could run that fast on one, god knows what he could do with both.

I was actually talking about his style of play but that would be a little above you!

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We'd be looking at around £1million to get him away from Newcastle i reckon.
I think get LuaLua in for the rest of the season if poss and if we get outpriced in the summer, get in Anyinsah on a permanent deal. Wouldn't cost a lot and looked quality when he was on loan here.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wouldnt think that Newcastle would expect anything like £1m for him. I would think 2-300k maximum as his final ball isnt good enough to warrant more. Plus they will most probasbly be in the Prem next season and there is no way he is anywhere near good enough for that at the moment. He si only 19 and has a year left on his contract so wouldnt expect him to be that expensive and well within our budget..

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
We'd be looking at around £1million to get him away from Newcastle i reckon.
I think get LuaLua in for the rest of the season if poss and if we get outpriced in the summer, get in Anyinsah on a permanent deal. Wouldn't cost a lot and looked quality when he was on loan here.

Why 1 million? Only slightly more experienced than Bennett and he was I think about £250k so where does the million figure come from. Personally I think he will go to a lower/mid table championship team if newcastle do decide to get rid

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here