Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet keen to keep hold of LuaLua

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Bennett was sold to us as Wolves had just gone up and he obviously didn't fit into their plans.
Hopefully, if Newcastle go up, we can snap LuaLua up on the cheap. Not sure how willing they will be to get rid though.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Bennett was sold to us as Wolves had just gone up and he obviously didn't fit into their plans.
Hopefully, if Newcastle go up, we can snap LuaLua up on the cheap. Not sure how willing they will be to get rid though.

Don't see why they wouldn't sell. He's hardly played for them this season, and if they go up he won't play at all in the Premier I'd say. Also a valuation of £1m is madness. Maybe £300k.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
We'd be looking at around £1million to get him away from Newcastle i reckon.
I think get LuaLua in for the rest of the season if poss and if we get outpriced in the summer, get in Anyinsah on a permanent deal. Wouldn't cost a lot and looked quality when he was on loan here.

I think that this is correct.

Strange thing was for me, a short while before we signed Anyinsah on loan, I had brought him for Brighton from Preston and said to my mate "If FM is in anyway accurate, Anyinsah might do a job here"

Comes in and scores against City. Looked good. I would have loved too have seen him with Owusu. I loved Anyinsah so much... :love:

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I think we'd get him for around 200k initially but with sell on clauses placed into the sale contract.

Be they on games played, league levels reached or a % of future sell on fees etc.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
It is great that a player with no end product can be so useful as he gets the other side very worried as he hurtles by. He will win us penalties and we will see defenders sent off for pulling him down no boubt. If he never develops a fianl product thisis probably his level, not the Newcastle first team, so I think we can sign him. If he develops a great pass at teh end of the run more often than not - he can be in the prem.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Didn't wanna start a new thread but on seagulls.co.uk there's a paragraph at the end where Lua-Lua doesn't rule out signing permanantly? Dunno if anyone knows how long is left on his contract?

SURELY we will all want the Toon to go up this season as it increases our chances of signing him permanantly!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here