Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet keen on Friday night clash with Stoke.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Couldn't we just suggest in the nicest possible and most pleasant of ways to Stoke, that they let us have a by into the next round. Would be best for all concerned. I'm sure they'd see the positive nature of the suggestion and they can concentrate on Premiership mid-table obscurity for 2011, shirley?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The police made the FA change the rules regarding replays because they said they couldnt organise theovertime to covetr thew matches . I am sure that you can remember when the replay was always on the Tuesday or Wednesday following the original game.

There used to be that mad rush for tickets, often including queuing down Newton Road. The Police are a joke. Have they never heard of the term contingency planning! They know clubs play cup games on a Saturday and that it is not unheard of for a game to be a draw and therefore a replay the following week. Always seemed to work well before, could do again. With today's online ticketing and your season ticket will automatically be credited with the cup game once you have paid, what's the problem!!!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
the last train home from Stoke on a Friday night is 21.53. That gets back to Brighton at 02.23 the next morning.

That would mean everyone from Sussex would have to drive or get a coach, or worst still spend a night in Stoke

Or the train company put a special train on like v southampton recently.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
the last train home from Stoke on a Friday night is 21.53. That gets back to Brighton at 02.23 the next morning.

That would mean everyone from Sussex would have to drive or get a coach, or worst still spend a night in Stoke

Whilst this doesn't affect me, and the club may be aware of this, shouldn't those wanting to travel to this make sure that the club do know.

:amex::ascarf:

perth seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Won't give a toss when its on.....worse draw we could have got.
1) Won't make any money out of it
2) Likely to lose
3) Shit ground
4 ) Ghastly oppo fans
5) Terrible record there....never got a point in god knows how many visits.
6) Horrible team to play against....big and physical and hammer you at set pieces.
Horrible, horrible draw...no reward...just the ultimate kick in the guts.
I ask you, Stoke...for Christs sake, poxy Stoke...hate it, hate it....can't stand them, their poxy town or their shit football.
Could have thrown my bottle of scotch thru the tv....frigging awful....indescribably terrible....and bloody Crawley get United!
What have we done to get Stoke......Orient get bloody Arsenal....what do we get...Pulis and his bloody were-wolves... cold, horrible, dismal Stoke...they should have condemned the place years ago.
The euphoria of Watford gone in a moment......no chance to savour a plum tie, just a horrible 3 weeks waiting for that shit to come round.
Roll on Orient.

I agree, this is now a pointless fixture. I hope Gus will rest some of our key players for the Plymouth match.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The police made the FA change the rules regarding replays because they said they couldnt organise theovertime to covetr thew matches . I am sure that you can remember when the replay was always on the Tuesday or Wednesday following the original game.

I do indeed remember that - and a much simpler life it was too.

The point was really in reference to the idea that Sky runs football and pointing that the police take precedence over Sky. And both take precedence over the FA

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Haven't seen any announcements on this yet but would there be anything stopping us playing on the Thursday? Neither Stoke nor we has a mid-week game before it: we wouldn't clash with Vale at home and have plenty of time before the Plymouth game. Would the FA sanction that?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I think it's a winnable game to be honest, but knowing our luck we would draw the mighty Crawley in the next round!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Port Vale are at home to Bradford on the Friday night so that could be a problem. I wouldn't mind it being on a Friday though.
This is why it won't happen. Why are Port Vale playing Bradford on a Friday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here