Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet keen on Friday night clash with Stoke.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
can we not just forget the sky money and move the Plymouth game back 24 hours?

You'd think it would be easy with three weeks notice, but re-arranged games always seem to be put back months. There must be a reason for this, so my guess is that moving a date - even by just one day - is not as easy as you and I would think it ought to be.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Fri is best for BHA (the club), so let's go for it...

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Not good for any fan, would be dash to pick up Giraffe Jnr from school and then leg it up there, but if Gus thinks it's for the best then so be it. Frankly if he said it would be good for us to play at 6am on Thursday I'd still think it was right thing to do!!!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I think it would be a good move. If we can keep the Monday night game it will prevent our fixture pile up getting any worse.

I'm lucky as it's not far for me to travel but it would be tough on most of our away fans

In principle though it's an excellant idea to keep the fixture backlog down

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
As I said a while ago, the Sky Plymouth game is probably set in stone. You're forgetting that Sky run football not the FA.

Although frankly really can't see the difference between playing Friday night and Saturday afternoon. Arguably the strain on the body of getting back in the early hours of Saturday morning rather than normal time on Saturday night must mitigate the 16 hours extra recovery time from the match?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Won't give a toss when its on.....worse draw we could have got.
1) Won't make any money out of it
2) Likely to lose
3) Shit ground
4 ) Ghastly oppo fans
5) Terrible record there....never got a point in god knows how many visits.
6) Horrible team to play against....big and physical and hammer you at set pieces.
Horrible, horrible draw...no reward...just the ultimate kick in the guts.
I ask you, Stoke...for Christs sake, poxy Stoke...hate it, hate it....can't stand them, their poxy town or their shit football.
Could have thrown my bottle of scotch thru the tv....frigging awful....indescribably terrible....and bloody Crawley get United!
What have we done to get Stoke......Orient get bloody Arsenal....what do we get...Pulis and his bloody were-wolves... cold, horrible, dismal Stoke...they should have condemned the place years ago.
The euphoria of Watford gone in a moment......no chance to savour a plum tie, just a horrible 3 weeks waiting for that shit to come round.
Roll on Orient.
Exactly how I felt when I saw the draw

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
2) Likely to lose
3) Shit ground
4 ) Ghastly oppo fans
6) Horrible team to play against....big and physical and hammer you at set pieces.
I ask you, Stoke...for Christs sake, poxy Stoke...hate it, hate it....can't stand them, their poxy town or their shit football.
Could have thrown my bottle of scotch thru the tv....frigging awful....indescribably terrible....and bloody Crawley get United!
What have we done to get Stoke......Orient get bloody Arsenal....what do we get...Pulis and his bloody were-wolves... cold, horrible, dismal Stoke...they should have condemned the place years ago.
The euphoria of Watford gone in a moment......no chance to savour a plum tie, just a horrible 3 weeks waiting for that shit to come round.
Roll on Orient.

What a completely bizarre post.

If you hate Stoke you should enjoy getting the chance to beat them, just like beating Palace?

and their fans have proved to be some of the most supportive in the country.

Man Utd would be a worse draw, well, except for a load of part-time fans who could go and bask in the wonderfulness of Old Trafford whilst our plucky boys put on a brave show. f*** that.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
2) Likely to lose
3) Shit ground
4 ) Ghastly oppo fans
Roll on Orient.

Think how amazing it will be being in the quarter finals of the fa cup and reading that post.... *prays*

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I would be happy if it was played Friday but didn't realise that Vale were at home that night. They can't be made to change it and no reason why they would anyway. Pretty sure the police won't allow both games to go ahead on the same night as they don't have resources to cover both so I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the idea is a non-starter.

The Beeb seem to have removed Monday night's game from their fixture list already. I guess it's now down to us whether we want to play 2 games in 3 days or 8 in 9 weeks?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As regards the trains what happend to the old idea that we had in the 60s when the club chartered a train is that still possible with all the different companies etc. Could ask the Steam Railway society to put on a steam train Stoke to Brighton non stop:lol:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
As regards the trains what happend to the old idea that we had in the 60s when the club chartered a train is that still possible with all the different companies etc. Could ask the Steam Railway society to put on a steam train Stoke to Brighton non stop:lol:

Borrow one from Bluebell Railway!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
As I said a while ago, the Sky Plymouth game is probably set in stone. You're forgetting that Sky run football not the FA.

Pretty sure the police won't allow both games to go ahead on the same night as they don't have resources to cover both so I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that the idea is a non-starter.

So in a few days we'll know who runs football in this country, whether it's Sky or the police. I remember a time when it was the FA - how things change.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So in a few days we'll know who runs football in this country, whether it's Sky or the police. I remember a time when it was the FA - how things change.

The police made the FA change the rules regarding replays because they said they couldnt organise theovertime to covetr thew matches . I am sure that you can remember when the replay was always on the Tuesday or Wednesday following the original game.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Indeed it was the police that put an end to endless replays.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
This would really suit me. I live about 40 minutes away from Stoke and cannot make Saturday or Sunday.

Having said that - I know I am in the minority.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here